Jonathan Van Ness (born March 28, 1987) is a well known American hairdresser, podcaster, and television personality. He is internationally known as the grooming expert on the Netflix series ‘Queer Eye’, for his work on the web series parody Gay of Thrones, and for hosting the Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness podcast. Other than this, he has an immense fan following under his social media platforms.
Jonathan Van Ness Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurements
- Jonathan Van Ness Juice age is 33 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 11 inches tall.
- He weighs around 60 Kg.
- He body measurements are 44-35-40 inches.
- He biceps size is 22 inches.
- He has a pair of brown eyes and has blonde hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 US.
- He is a fitness freak as well.
Jonathan Van Ness Quick Bio
|Real Name||Jonathan Van Ness|
|Born||March 28, 1987|
|Age||33 years old|
|Famous For||Queer Eye|
|Birthplace||Quincy, Illinois, U.S|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5 ft 11 in|
|Weight||Approx 60 Kg|
|Biceps Size||22 Inches|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known
Sister: Not Known
|Previous Dating?||Not Known|
|School||Local High School|
|Favourite Color||Black, Grey|
|Hobbies||Watching Movies, Gyming,
|Social Media Account|
|Social Account Links|
Jonathan Van Ness Relationship & Dating
- Currently, he is dating Mark Peacock as evidenced by Instagram comments.
- Other than this, he is also rumored to be dating a guy named, Antoni Porowski.
- He have been posting loved-up pictures to their social media, prompting fans to believe they had begun an intimate relationship.
- Jonathan also clarify his dating with Anton by tweeting. “Also for clarification, @antoni & I are a couple….of very close friends who run a satirical couple account and may fall in love someday, but that day is not necessarily today. Love yew hauxs.” To which Antoni responded, “Babe, what?! Um call me rn.”
- Previously, Van Ness started dating rugby player Wilco Froneman in late 2018.
- However, they quickly broke up in December 2018.
Jonathan Van Ness Sexuality
- As per his sexuality, Van Ness openly gay throughout his life and is a non-binary.
- His preferred gender pronouns are he/him/his, but he has indicated that he is okay being referred to with she/her or they/them as well.
- In fact, in a 2019 interview with, The New York Times, he revealed a history of drug addiction issues, childhood sexual abuse, and his HIV-positive diagnosis at age 25.
Jonathan Van Ness Early Life & Education
- Jonathan Van Ness was born March 28, 1987, and raised in Quincy, Illinois.
- He holds American nationality.
- He belongs to mixed ethnicity.
- Van Ness’s mother is the vice president of Quincy Media, and he is a descendant of the Oakley family which has controlled the company since the 1890s.
- When he was younger, he was sexually abused by an older boy at church.
- In his early teens, he used online-chat to socialize with, and sometimes meet older men for sex.
- As per his educational qualifications, he was the first male cheerleader at Quincy Senior High School and continued cheer leading in college at the University of Arizona where he majored in political science.
Jonathan Van Ness Career
- As per her career, Van Ness found a job as a personal assistant at Sally Hershberger Salon, on arriving in Los Angeles.
- In 2012, he fainted in the salon while doing highlights for a client’s hair, later at a clinic he found out he was HIV-positive.
- Currently, he works at MoJoHair and Stile Salon, both in Los Angeles.
- He co-founded with Monique Northrop of Arte Salon in New York City.
- Since 2015, Van Ness has hosted the weekly podcast Getting Curious with Jonathan Van Ness.
- His podcast took off upon the airing of the first Queer Eye episode.
- Van Ness currently stars as the grooming expert on the Netflix revival of ‘Queer Eye’.
Jonathan Van Ness Facts
- One month in his initial semester at college, he used up his monthly allowance on cocaine, and too embarrassed to ask his parents for funds, he turned to sex work.
- His addictions to sex, and drugs increased to also include methamphetamine.
- His grades fell and he lost his cheerleading scholarship.
- He dropped out after one semester, to pursue hairstyling.
- Van Ness trained at the Aveda Institute in Minneapolis.
- After graduating, in 2009, he worked in Arizona for five years, before moving to Los Angeles, California in 2009.
- He has an immense fan following under his social media platforms.
- He has million of followers under his Instagram account.
- His instagram bio read is, “Parent, Hair & Skincare Expert, Comedian, Host, Producer, Activist, Ice Skater, Gymnast, NYT best selling author, Peanut Goes for the Gold onsale now!
- He is a pet lover as well.