Timothy James Walz (born April 6, 1964) is a well known American politician and member of the Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party who is the 41st governor of Minnesota, serving since January 2019.
Tim Walz Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Tim Walz age is 56 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 7 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has blonde hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Tim Walz Quick Facts
|Real Name||Timothy James Walz|
|Nick Name||Tim Walz|
|Born||April 6, 1964|
|Age||56 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||41st governor of Minnesota|
|Birthplace||West Point, Nebraska, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'7"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: James F. "Jim" Walz
Mother: Darlene R. Walz
|Spouse/ Wife||Gwen Whipple (m. 1994)|
|Education||1. Chadron State College (BS)
2. Minnesota State University, Mankato (MS)
|Net Worth||Approx $400 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter|
Tim Walz Wife
- As of 2020, Tim Walz is married with Gwen Whipple.
- In 1994, Walz and his wife, Gwen, married.
- They lived in Mankato, Minnesota for nearly 20 years before moving to Saint Paul with their two children upon his election as governor.
- Walz’s brother, Craig, was killed by a falling tree during a storm in 2016.
- He was survived by his wife Julie, and their son, Jacob, who suffered severe injuries but survived.
Tim Walz Early Life & Education
- Walz was born on April 6, 1964 in West Point, Nebraska, the son of Darlene R. and James F. “Jim” Walz.
- He is of German, Irish, and Swedish ancestry.
- The son of a public school administrator and community activist, Walz was raised in Chadron, Nebraska, a rural community in the northwestern portion of the state.
- As per his education, Tim Walz graduated from Butte High School in a class of 25 students, and went on to earn a Bachelor of Science degree in social science education from Chadron State College.
Tim Walz Career
- As of Tim Walz caree, in 2006, he decided to run for Congress.
- During his 2018 campaign for governor, two senior NCOs of the Minnesota National Guard accused Walz of fabricating facts about his service and lying about his military rank.
- Before his political career, Tim Walz was a public school teacher for 20 years.
- He opposes using merit pay for teachers.
- Walz strongly supports LGBT rights, including federal anti-discrimination laws on the basis of sexual orientation.
- In 2011, Walz announced his support for the Respect for Marriage Act.
- He is a longtime supporter of legalizing both medical and recreational cannabis use.
- He was sworn in as governor of Minnesota on January 7, 2019, at the Fitzgerald Theater in Saint Paul.
Net Worth of Tim Walz
- As of 2020, Tim Walz net worth is estimated around $400 million USD.
- Gwen, who works in education, reported $208,592 income in 2016, for which they paid $32,670 in federal taxes and $11,928 in Minnesota taxes.
- In 2016, Walz reported $149,690 in wages from the House of Representatives and his wife reported $58,629 from Mankato Area Public Schools (Independent District 77), where she is employed as an assessment coordinator.
- Walz, who was elected in 2006, has forgone cost-of-living wage increases during his House tenure. According to an Oct. 31, 2017, letter to Walz from the House’s office of Members’ Services, those increases were deducted from his pay. “To date you have returned funds to U.S. Treasury reducing the national debt by the amount of $81,684.00.” The actual salary of House members today is $174,000 a year.
- The couple reported no other sources of income aside from receiving rent for a two-bedroom apartment they own.
- In 2006, before he had begun his job in Congress, Walz, a teacher, and his wife reported $77,045 in income and paid $5,009 in federal income taxes and $3,963 in state taxes, an effective tax rate of 11.6 percent.
- The Walzes’ reported charitable giving ranged from no amount reported in 2007 to $10,493 in cash in 2013 and has included noncash items such as clothing and furniture to the Minnesota Valley Action Council and Habitat for Humanity.
- “I believe Minnesotans have a right to see the tax returns of the people who seek to represent them as governor,” Walz said in a statement accompanying the release.
- Walz is the first prominent candidate for governor to release tax returns. Most of the candidates for governor — Gov. Mark Dayton isn’t running — have said they will make their returns public.
Facts about Tim Walz
- Walz supported the GI Bill of 2008, which expanded education benefits for veterans.
- He repeatedly spoke out against using taxpayer money to bail out financial institutions.
- He voted against the bill that offered $14 billion in government loans to bail out the country’s large automobile manufacturers, in 2008.
- He also urged assistance for hog and dairy farmers who struggled with lower prices for their commodities in 2008 and 2009.
- His instagram bio read is, “Official Instagram for Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz & Lt. Gov. Peggy Flanagan. Working together to build #OneMinnesota.”
- He is a pet lover and named as “Scout”.