Charles Duane Baker, Jr. (born November 13, 1956), is an American businessman and politician serving as the 72nd governor of Massachusetts since January 8, 2015. A moderate Republican, he was a cabinet official under two governors of Massachusetts and served ten years as chief executive officer (CEO) of Harvard Pilgrim Health Care.
Charlie Baker Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Charlie Baker age is 63 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 8 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has blonde hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Charlie Baker Quick Facts
|Real Name||Charles Duane Baker, Jr.|
|Nick Name||Charlie Baker|
|Born||November 13, 1956|
|Age||63 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||72nd governor of Massachusetts|
|Birthplace||Elmira, New York, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'8"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Charles D. Baker
Mother: Alice Elizabeth
|Spouse/ Wife||Lauren Schadt (m. 1987)|
|Education||1.Harvard University (AB)
2. Northwestern University (MBA)
|Net Worth||Approx $20 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Charlie Baker Wife
- As of 2020, Charlie Baker is married with Lauren Cardy Schadt.
- In 1987, Baker married Lauren Cardy Schadt, another Kellogg alum.
- Schadt was an assistant account executive at a New York advertising agency and is the daughter of James P. Schadt, the former CEO of Reader’s Digest and Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages.
- They live in Swampscott, Massachusetts, with their three children.
- On June 22, 2018, Baker’s son, Andrew “AJ” Baker was accused of sexually assaulting a woman on a JetBlue flight.
- The following week, Baker responded to questions regarding the incident and stated that his son would fully cooperate with an independent review of the matter by the Massachusetts U.S. Attorney’s Office.
Charlie Baker Early Life & Education
- Baker was born on November 13, 1956, in Elmira, New York. Of English ancestry, his family has been in what is now the northeastern United States since the Colonial era.
- He is the fourth generation in the family to bear the forename Charles.
- His father named, Charles Duane Baker and mother named, Alice Elizabeth.
- He has siblings as well.
- He grew up with two younger brothers named, Jonathan and Alex, in Needham, Massachusetts, before moving to Rockport.
- As per his education, he attended Harvard College and graduated in 1979 with a Bachelor of Arts in English.
Charlie Baker Career
- Baker was inaugurated on January 8, 2015, as the 72nd governor of Massachusetts at the Massachusetts State House in Boston.
- He is considered a liberal or moderate Republican.
- Baker was inaugurated for his second term on January 3, 2019.
- He supports the impeachment inquiry into Donald Trump that began in September 2019.
Net Worth of Charlie Baker
- As of 2020, Charlie Baker net worth is estimated around $20 million USD.
- In February 2015, Baker directed the Massachusetts Department of Public Utilities to issue a public notice clarifying the status of transportation network companies while his administration developed a regulatory framework for the industry.
- In the wake of the 2014–15 winter, Baker started a $30 million pothole repair fund in March 2015 and filed the state’s annual $200 million bill to the state legislature for infrastructure funding aid to local governments through the state’s Chapter 90 program.
- In June 2015, Baker submitted a $2.13 billion capital budget for fiscal year 2016.
- Baker’s administration announced a $2.34 billion capital budget for fiscal year 2019.
Facts about Charlie Baker
- Baker criticized a proposed revision by the Trump Administration to Title X banning health clinics from sharing workspace and financial resources with abortion providers, in 2018.
- Baker is known to chime in on popular culture issues from time-to-time in 2015, Boston magazine wrote a piece on the Governor’s music preferences, stating that Baker “is shamelessly Top 40 in his tastes, stuck mostly in the classic rock that dominated radio of his teens and twenties, aka the 1970s and ’80s” but holding “a deep knowledge and appreciation for the Ramones, Green Day, and the Dropkick Murphys.”
- That same year, the Governor, a lifelong Star Wars fan, admitted to not being a fan of the prequels nor the sequels that follow the original trilogy.
- Her instagram bio read is, “Official account of Governor Charlie Baker of Massachusetts. Stay Informed about COVID-19 at Mass.Gov.”