Jared Schutz Polis aka Jared Polis (born May 12, 1975) is a well known American politician, entrepreneur, and philanthropist serving as the 43rd governor of Colorado since January 2019. He is the member of Democratic Party and served one term on the Colorado State Board of Education from 2001 to 2007 and five terms as the United States Representative from Colorado’s 2nd congressional district from 2009 to 2019. He was the only Democratic member of the libertarian conservative Liberty Caucus, during his time in Congress. He was elected governor of Colorado in 2018, defeating Republican nominee Walker Stapleton.
Jared Polis Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Jared Polis age is 44 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 7 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has brown hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Jared Polis Quick Facts
|Real Name||Jared Schutz Polis|
|Nick Name||Jared Polis|
|Born||May 12, 1975|
|Age||44 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||43rd governor of Colorado|
|Birthplace||Washington, D.C., U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'7"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Susan Polis Schutz
Mother: Stephen Schutz
|Spouse/ Wife||Marlon Reis|
|Education||Princeton University (AB)|
|Net Worth||Approx $400 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Jared Polis Wife
- As of 2020, Jared Polis is married with his wife Marlon Reis.
- Couple is also blessed with two beautiful children.
- Currently, they resides in Boulder, Colorado, U.S.
- As of now, the duo is enjoying their life at the fullest without any complications and rumors.
Jared Polis Early Life & Education
- Jared Polis was born on May 12, 1975 in Boulder, Colorado, U.S.
- Polis is the son of Stephen Schutz and Susan Polis Schutz, founders of greeting card and book publisher Blue Mountain Arts.
- He was born at Boulder Community Hospital in Boulder, Colorado in 1975.
- He lived in San Diego, California as a high school student, graduating from La Jolla Country Day School in three years with multiple honors.
- He received a Bachelor of Arts in politics from Princeton University.
- In 2000, he legally changed his surname to his mother’s to raise awareness for a fundraiser and because he simply “liked it better”.
Jared Polis Career
- As per Polis Career, in 1998, Polis co-founded American Information Systems (AIS), Inc., while still in college. AIS was an internet access provider and was sold.
- Polis and other investors founded TechStars in Boulder, Colorado in 2006.
- During his tenure in Congress, Polis was among the wealthiest members of Congress, with a net worth estimated at over $300 million.
- Polis was named Outstanding Philanthropist for the 2006 National Philanthropy Day in Colorado.
- He has received many awards, including the Boulder Daily Camera’s 2007 Pacesetter Award in Education.
- At the time of his first election to Congress, Polis had founded a number of companies and was one of the 10 richest members of Congress.
Net Worth of Jared Polis
- As of 2020, Jared Polis net worth is estimated around $400 million USD.
- In 1999, Jared and his parents old bluemountain arts to Excite@Home for $780 million in cash at the peak of the dotcom bubble.
- Polis also is the founder of ProFlowers.com which he eventually sold to Liberty Media for $500 million.
Facts about Jared Polis
- He is avid philanthropist, and has received a number of awards for his work. On November 6, 2018, Jared was elected Governor of Colorado.
- He is the first openly gay person to be elected Governor of a US State.
- Polis ran for election for Governor of Colorado.
- He won in the general election on November 6, 2018.
- Polis defeated state Treasurer Walker Stapleton by a margin of just over 10 percentage points in the 2018 election to succeed term-limited Gov. John Hickenlooper.
- Polis ran on a joint ticket with the lieutenant gubernatorial nominee, Dianne Primavera.
- His instagram bio read is, “Colorado Governor. Fighting for affordable health care, better education, an economy that works for everyone, and protecting our Colorado way of life.”