Ronald Dion DeSantis (born September 14, 1978) is an American attorney, naval officer, and Republican politician. He has served as the 46th governor of Florida since January 8, 2019, and he represented Florida’s 6th congressional district in Congress from 2013 to 2018. After graduating from Yale University and Harvard Law School, DeSantis served as an officer and attorney in the Judge Advocate General’s Corps, U.S. Navy (JAG). Other than this, he has an immense fan following on his social media platforms.
Ron DeSantis Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Ron DeSantis age is 41 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 9 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has brown hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Ron DeSantis Quick Facts
|Real Name||Ronald Dion DeSantis|
|Born||September 14, 1978|
|Age||41 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||46th governor of Florida|
|Birthplace||Jacksonville, Florida, U.S|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'9"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Spouse/ Wife||Casey Black (m. 2010)|
|Education||1. Yale University (BA)
2. Harvard University (JD)
|Net Worth||Approx $300 USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Ron DeSantis Wife
- As of 2020, Ron DeSantis is married with Casey Black.
- In 2010, he married Casey Black.
- They lived in Ponte Vedra Beach, near St. Augustine until Ponte Vedra Beach was drawn into the neighboring 4th district.
- DeSantis and his wife then moved to Palm Coast, north of Daytona Beach.
- DeSantis and his wife have two daughters and a son.
Ron DeSantis Early Life & Education
- Ronald Dion DeSantis was born on September 14, 1978, in Jacksonville, Florida, the son of Karen (Rogers) and Ronald DeSantis.
- His family moved to Orlando, Florida, before relocating to Dunedin, Florida, when he was 6 years old.
- In 1991 he was a member of the Little League team from Dunedin National that went on from the regular season to the Little League World Series in Williamsport, Pennsylvania.
- As per his education, after graduating in 1997 from Dunedin High School in Dunedin, Florida, DeSantis attended Yale University, graduating with a B.A. in history in 2001.
- While at Yale, he was captain of the varsity baseball team, and a member of Delta Kappa Epsilon fraternity.
- After Yale, he joined Darlington School serving on the Upper School history department.
- He attended Harvard Law School, receiving his J.D. in 2005.
Ron DeSantis Career
- DeSantis reported to the Naval Special Warfare Command Group in Coronado, California, in 2007.
- He was appointed by the U.S. Department of Justice to serve as a federal prosecutor.
- He was awarded the Bronze Star Medal, the Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal and the Iraq Campaign Medal.
- In 2011, he authored a book entitled Dreams From Our Founding Fathers: First Principles in the Age of Obama, which was published.
- His writing has appeared in National Review, The Washington Times, The American Spectator, Human Events, and American Thinker.
- DeSantis announced he would run in the Republican primary for the 6th District, in 2012.
- DeSantis announced he would run in the Republican primary for the 6th DistrictaDeSantis defeated Democratic candidate Heather Beaven by 57–43%, with majorities in all four counties.
- He announced that he was running for the United States Senate seat held by Marco Rubio, who initially did not file to run for re-election due to his bid for the U.S. presidency, in 2015.
- DeSantis opposes abortion and has denounced Planned Parenthood.
- He opposes federal education programs such as No Child Left Behind Act and Race to the Top, saying that education policy should be made at the local level.
Net Worth of Ron DeSantis
- DeSantis reported a net worth of $283,605 as of Dec. 31, down from $310,971 at the end of 2017.
- DeSantis’ new report included a Ponte Vedra Beach home he sold in March for $460,000, according to St. Johns County property records.
- DeSantis listed the Ponte Vedra Beach home as worth $450,000 at the end of 2018, up from a $400,000 price-tag he placed on the property a year earlier.
- DeSantis, who resigned his congressional seat in September after his primary-election victory, reported $116,000 in income last year from the U.S. House, a position that paid him $174,000 in 2017.
- When listing his assets at the end of 2017, DeSantis reported a $275,000 home in Palm Coast.
- According to the Flagler County Property Appraiser’s office, the Palm Coast home was sold for $275,000 on May 15, 2018.
- DeSantis was usually ranked as one of the least-wealthy members of Congress.
Facts about Ron DeSantis
- DeSantis introduced the Palestinian Accountability Act, which would halt U.S. aid to the Palestinian Authority, in 2013.
- DeSantis called for Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel to resign after the Parkland school shooting committed by Nikolas Cruz.
- He has an immense fan following on his social media platforms.
- His instagram bio read is,”Iraq Veteran. Native Floridian. Fighting for Good Jobs, Better Schools, Clean Water, and Safe Communities.”