Philip Brian Scott (born August 4, 1958) is an American politician serving as the 82nd Governor of Vermont since 2017. A member of the Republican Party, he won the 2016 general election with 52 percent of the vote. In 2018, he won re-election to a second term by a wider margin. He was previously the 80th Lieutenant Governor of Vermont, an office he held from 2011 to 2017. Before serving as Lieutenant Governor, he was a State Senator representing the Washington County District from 2001 to 2011.
Phil Scott Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Phil Scott age is 61 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 8 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has blonde hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Phil Scott Quick Facts
|Real Name||Philip Brian Scott|
|Nick Name||Phil Scott|
|Born||August 4, 1958|
|Age||61 years old (As of 2020)|
|Profession||Politician, Construction company owner|
|Known For||82nd Governor of Vermont|
|Birthplace||Barre, Vermont, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'8"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Spouse/ Wife||Diana McTeague|
|Children||(2) Erica and Rachael|
|Education||University of Vermont (BS)|
|Net Worth||Approx $14 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Twitter, Facebook|
Phil Scott Wife
- As of 2020, Phil Scott is married with Diana McTeague.
- Scott lives in Berlin, Vermont with his wife, Diana McTeague Scott, and their two dogs.
- He has two adult daughters, Erica and Rachael.
Phil Scott Early Life & Education
- Scott was born on August 4, 1958 in Barre, Vermont.
- He holds American nationality.
- He belongs to white ethnicity.
- As per his education, he graduated from Barre’s Spaulding High School in 1976, and is also a 1980 graduate of the University of Vermont, where he received a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Education.
Phil Scott Career
- As per Phil business career, after graduating from high school, Scott began working at DuBois Construction, a Middlesex business which was founded by his uncle. Scott became a co-owner in 1986.
- Scott is a past President of the Associated General Contractors of Vermont.
- On January 6, 2012, a fire at DuBois Construction caused substantial damage, but the owners were able to rebuild and continue operations.
- After being elected as governor, Scott sold his share of the company to avoid possible conflicts of interest, since DuBois Construction does business with the State of Vermont.
- He sold his 50% share for $2.5 million plus three percent interest, payable over 15 years.
- Scott indicated that he opted to finance the sale himself rather than having the company borrow the money to pay him in full in order to preserve the company’s bonding capacity.
- Critics suggested that Scott’s sale of his share in the company doesn’t completely eliminate possible conflicts of interest, but Scott and the attorney who negotiated the sale on his behalf disagreed.
Phil Scott Salary & Net Worth
- As of 2020, Phil Scott salary is estimated around $178,274.
- His primary source of income is his political career.
Facts about Phil Scott
- Scott has called for modifying Act 46 to improve cost containment measures, incorporate property tax reduction, preserve local control and school choice, and allow communities to keep the funds they save through school district mergers.
- Scott is pro-choice and supports same-sex marriage.
- He signed into a law a gender-neutral bathroom bill intended to recognize the rights of transgender people.
- He approved $48 million for clean water funding in 2017.
- He is a champion stock car racer.
- In 2002, he became a three-time champion, winning both the Thunder Road and Airborne Late Model Series track championships and the American Canadian Tour championship.
- He also competed in the 2005 British Stock Car Association (BriSCA) Formula One Championship of the World, but did not finish.