Gary Richard Herbert (born May 7, 1947) is an American politician serving as the 17th and current Governor of Utah since 2009. A member of the Republican Party, he chaired the National Governors Association during the 2015–2016 cycle.
Gary Herbert Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Gary Herbert age is 72 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 8 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has blonde hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Gary Herbert Quick Facts
|Real Name||Gary Richard Peters|
|Nick Name||Gary Herbert|
|Born||May 7, 1947|
|Age||72 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||17th and current Governor of Utah|
|Birthplace||American Fork, Utah, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'8"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Paul Richard Peters
|Spouse/ Wife||Jeanette Snelson|
|Education||Orem High School|
|Net Worth||Approx $20 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Gary Herbert Wife
- As of 2020, he is married to Jeanette Snelson Herbert.
- They have six children and sixteen grandchildren.
- Mrs. Herbert was born in Preston, Idaho, and moved with her family as a young child to Springville, Utah.
- She is Honorary Chair of the Governor’s Commission on Literacy.
Gary Herbert Early Life & Education
- Herbert was born on May 7, 1947 in American Fork, the son of Carol and Paul Richard Peters.
- His parents divorced when he was a toddler, and his mother soon remarried to Duane Barlow Herbert, who legally adopted him.
- His biological father also remarried, but Herbert and his paternal half-siblings were raised in different households and had minimal contact with each other.
- Governor Herbert grew up in Orem, Utah.
- As per his education, he graduated from Orem High School, served a two-year mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the Eastern States Mission.
- Later attended Brigham Young University, but did not graduate.
Gary Herbert Career
- Herbert served for six years as a member of the Utah Army National Guard, becoming a staff sergeant.
- Following his time in the National Guard, he set up a real estate firm, Herbert and Associates Realtors.
- Herbert was president of the Utah Association of Counties and Utah Association of Realtors.
- Mrs Herbert ran a child care service, The Kids Connection.
- In November 2003, Herbert began campaigning for the Republican nomination for Governor of Utah.
- In April 2004, a month before the state convention at which the gubernatorial nominee would be selected, Herbert joined forces with then-rival Jon Huntsman, Jr., becoming the latter’s running mate.
- The Huntsman-Herbert ticket defeated incumbent governor Olene S. Walker at the convention, before going on to win in the November election.
- Herbert subsequently became lieutenant governor.
Gary Herbert Salary & Net Worth
- As of 2020, Gary Herbert salary is $150,000.
- His primary source of income is his political career.
Facts about Gary Herbert
- Merit gave separate $25,000 checks to the Herbert campaign on November 2, 2009, and January 21, 2010, and Herbert and Lampropoulos met in October 2009.
- In December 2009, Merit got $4.4 million in tax credits.
- Lampropoulos has publicly endorsed Herbert and appears in a television commercial supporting Herbert’s reelection bid.