Jonathon Tate Reeves (born June 5, 1974) is an American politician who is the 65th governor of Mississippi, serving since 2020, and was lieutenant governor of Mississippi from 2012 to 2020. A member of the Republican Party, he was previously Mississippi State Treasurer. He was the youngest state treasurer in the nation when elected in 2003, at the age of 23 and the first Republican to ever hold the office in Mississippi. He was the Republican nominee for governor of Mississippi in the 2019 election and defeated Democratic Attorney General Jim Hood
Tate Reeves Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Tate Reeves age is 45 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 8 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has blonde hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Tate Reeves Quick Facts
|Real Name||Jonathon Tate Reeves|
|Nick Name||Tate Reeves|
|Born||June 5, 1974|
|Age||45 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||65th governor of Mississippi|
|Birthplace||Florence, Mississippi, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'8"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Spouse/ Wife||Elee Williams (m. 2001)|
|Education||Millsaps College (BA)|
|Net Worth||Approx $200 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Tate Reeves Wife
- As of 2020, Tata Reeves is married with Elee Williams since 2001.
- Couple is also blessed with three children and enjoying their life at the fullest.
Tate Reeves Early Life & Education
- Tate Reeves was born on June 5, 1974 in Florence, Mississippi, U.S.
- He holds an American nationality and belongs to with ethinicity.
- As per his education, Reeves graduated in 1992 from Florence High School in Florence.
- He is an honors graduate of Millsaps College in Jackson, where he earned a bachelor’s degree in economics.
- He played one year as a point guard for the Millsaps Majors basketball team and was a member of Kappa Alpha Order.
- Reeves remains involved with Millsaps by serving as a member of the investment policy board for the General Louis Wilson Fund and a member the Advisory Committee of the Else School of Management.
Tate Reeves Career
- As per Tate Reeves Career, after Millsaps, Reeves pursued a career in banking and finance in Jackson, where he became assistant vice president for AmSouth, formerly the Deposit Guaranty National Bank, and served as a senior investment analyst.
- In 2000, Reeves became an investment officer for Trustmark National Bank in Jackson.
- Reeves holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation and is a member of the CFA Society of Mississippi and the CFA Institute, an investment industry organization.
- In 1996, he was the recipient of the Mississippi Society of Financial Analysts Award.
Net Worth of Tate Reeves
- As of 2020, Tate Reeves net worth is estimated around $200 million USD.
- His primary source of income is his political career.
Facts about Tate Reeves
- Reeves officially launched a campaign for lieutenant governor in 2011.
- He won reelection as lieutenant governor on November 3, 2015, defeating three opponents, including state Senator Timothy L. Johnson, a Republican-turned-Democrat.
- He served as lieutenant governor from 2012 to 2020.
- In the midst of the acceleration of the Covid-19 pandemic, Reeves overrode local leaders’ decisions to order people to stay at home, instead telling Mississippians get back to “life as usual” and deeming places like bars, dine-in restaurants and churches “essential services”.
- The decision was widely condemned.
- Reeves’s Shelter in Place Order 1466 went into effect at 5pm on April 3.order 1466.
- His Instagram bio read is, “Dad of 3 daughters, husband to Elee, 65th Governor of Mississippi.”