Penny Sue Pritzker (born May 2, 1959) is a well known American billionaire businesswoman, entrepreneur, and civic leader. She was nominated as United States Secretary of Commerce by Barack Obama. She is an extreme sports enthusiast, and a serial entrepreneur with a dozen startups to her name. “I love building businesses,” she later exclaims. “It’s so cool!”
Penny Pritzker Net Worth
- As of 2020, Penny Pritzker net worth is estimated around $2.5 billion.
- Her primary source of income is her business career and then her political career.
- She owns the Hyatt hotel chain.
|Net Worth||Approx $2.5 billion |
(As of 2020)
Penny Pritzker Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Penny Pritzker age is 61 years old.
- She stands on a height of 5 feet 7 inches tall.
- She weighs around 55 Kg or 121 lbs.
- She wears a shoe size of 6 US.
- She has light brown eyes and has black hair.
- Her zodiac sign is Leo.
Penny Pritzker Quick Facts
|Real Name||Penny Sue Pritzker|
|Nick Name||Penny Pritzker|
|Born||May 2, 1959|
|Age||61 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||United States Secretary
|Birthplace||Chicago, Illinois, U.S|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'7"|
|Bra Cup Size||32 B|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Shoe Size||6 (US)|
|Parents||Father: Donald Pritzker
Mother: Not Known
|Siblings||Brother: J. B. Pritzker,
Sister: Not Known
|Previous Dating?||Not Known|
|Education||1. Harvard University (AB)
2. Stanford University (JD, MBA)
|Favourite Cuisine||Italian Cuisine|
|Social Media Links|
Penny Pritzker Husband
- As of 2020, Pritzker is married to ophthalmologist ‘Bryan Traubert’.
- The duo is also blessed with two children.
- Although her relationship with her brothers became strained following the family business restructuring, they eventually reconciled, and Penny expressed support for the idea of younger brother J. B. running for office in 2017.
- As per her previous dating history, it is not known in public domain.
Penny Pritzker Early Life & Education
- Penny Pritzker was born on May 2, 1959 in Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
- She is the daughter of Sue and Donald Pritzker.
- She is a member of the Pritzker family of Chicago, a wealthy and influential business family.
- Donald Pritzker was one of the co-founders of Hyatt Hotels.
- Later, he moved the family to Atherton, California, where business for the Hyatt Hotels began to grow.
- She has siblings as well.
- She has two younger brother named, Tony and J.B. Pritzker.
- As per her educational qualification, Penny attended Castilleja School until 1977.
- In 1981, she graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in economics from Harvard College in 1981.
- In 1985, she completed her Masters of Business Administration from Stanford University.
Penny Pritzker Career
- As per her career, after completing her studies, she joined the Pritzker organization encouraged by her cousin Nick Pritzker.
- Penny was named as one of three successors to the retiring Jay Pritzker besides his son Tom and his cousin Nick, in 1995.
- In 1990s, Pritzker’s friendship with Barack Obama and his family dates back when he was a professor at the University of Chicago.
- She was elected to the President and Fellows of Harvard College, in 2018.
- In March 2020, Pritzer set up the Illinois COVID-19 Response Fund in March after receiving a call from her brother, Illinois Governor J. B. Pritzker.
- The siblings announced the creation of the fund with $23 million in start up money on March 24, 2020, six days after Governor Pritzker’s request.
- Pritzker and her husband contributed $1.5 million of the initial sum.
- The fund is designed to assist non-profit organizations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Penny Pritzker Facts
- In 1987, she founded Classic Residence by Hyatt.
- She was chairperson of the Hinsdale, Illinois-based Superior Bank of Chicago.
- In 2005, she served as non-executive chairman of TransUnion.
- In 2011, she started five companies before joining the federal government.
- She co-founded Artemis Real Estate Partners LLC, a real estate investment management company, in 2009.