Jay Robert “J. B.” Pritzker (born January 19, 1965) is an American businessman, philanthropist, and politician serving as the 43rd Governor of Illinois. He is a private business owner based in Chicago and a managing partner and co-founder of the Pritzker Group, and a member of the Pritzker family which owns the Hyatt hotel chain. He has an estimated personal net worth of $3.4 billion.
J. B. Pritzker Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, J. B. Pritzker age is 55 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 7 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has brown hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
J. B. Pritzker Quick Facts
|Real Name||Jay Robert "J. B." Pritzker|
|Nick Name||J. B. Pritzker|
|Born||January 19, 1965|
|Age||55 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||43rd Governor of Illinois|
|Birthplace||Atherton, California, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'7"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Spouse/ Wife||Mary Muenster (m. 1993)|
|Children||(3) Theodore and Karen Muenster|
|Education||1. Duke University (BA)
2. Northwestern University (JD)
|Net Worth||Approx $4 billion (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
J. B. Pritzker Wife
- As of 2020, J. B. Pritzker is married with Mary Muenster.
- In 1993, he married Mary Kathryn “M. K.” Muenster of South Dakota, whom he had met in Washington, D.C., when she worked as an aide to U.S. Senator Tom Daschle of South Dakota.
- She is one of three children of Theodore and Karen Muenster.
- Her father unsuccessfully ran for the U.S. Senate in 1990.
- They live in the Gold Coast neighborhood of Chicago with their two children.
- The Chicago Sun-Times reported that Pritzker had purposefully directed a mansion that he’d purchased next door to his multimillion-dollar home to become uninhabitable by removing the toilets from the residence.
- Then, he then appealed his original property tax assessment, claiming that the newly-built residential property was thus “uninhabitable”; the Cook County assessor reduced the home’s value from $6.25 million to about $1.1 million, which granted Pritzker an 83% property tax reduction, equal to about $230,000 per annum.
- Federal prosecutors are investigating the matter.
J. B. Pritzker Early Life & Education
- Pritzker was born on January 19, 1965 in Atherton, California, U.S.
- He was born in a Jewish family prominent in business and philanthropy during the late 20th century.
- His elder siblings are Penny Pritzker, former United States Secretary of Commerce, and Anthony Pritzker.
- As per his education, he attended Massachusetts boarding school Milton Academy and then graduated from Duke University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in political science.
- Pritzker went on to earn his Juris Doctor degree from Northwestern University School of Law. He is an attorney and a member of the Illinois State Bar Association and the Chicago Bar Association.
J. B. Pritzker Career
- As of his career, he played an important role in the creation of the Illinois Venture Capital Association and the Chicagoland Entrepreneurial Center.
- He also co-founded Chicago Ventures and funded the startup of Techstars Chicago and Built in Chicago.
- In the 2008 presidential election, Pritzker served as national co-chairman of Hillary Clinton’s campaign.
- He was a delegate to the 2008 Democratic National Convention and the 2016 Democratic National Convention.
- Pritzker announced he was running for the Democratic nomination for Governor of Illinois, on April 6, 2017.
- He won the Democratic gubernatorial primary, handily beating each of his primary opponents by more than 20%, in 2018.
- Pritzker was inaugurated as the 43rd Governor on January 14, 2019.
- In 2020, Pritzker has taken a number of measures to mitigate the COVID-19 pandemic in Illinois.
- During the pandemic, Pritzker began delivering daily updates.
Net Worth of J. B. Pritzker
- As of 2020, J. B. Pritzker personal net worth is estimated around $4 billion.
- He is a private business owner based in Chicago and a managing partner and co-founder of the Pritzker Group, and a member of the Pritzker family which owns the Hyatt hotel chain.
Facts about J. B. Pritzker
- As part of his plan to fund capital projects, Pritzker raised the sales tax imposed on cigarettes by $1.
- The 2019-20 budget spends $230 million on a new Quincy Veterans Home, and $21 million on the Chicago Veterans Home.
- He has been a long time advocate of LGBT rights and has actively participated in the Chicago Gay Pride Parade.
- He campaigned on raising the minimum wage in Illinois to $15 an hour.
- Pritzker and his wife donated $5 million to the University of South Dakota to build the Theodore R. and Karen K. Muenster University Center in honor of his wife’s parents, in 2007.
- His instagram bio read is, “Husband and father. Proudly serving as the 43rd Governor of Illinois”.