Neena Gupta (born 4 July 1959) is a well known and classy Indian actress and television director. She is better recognized for her work in both art-house and commercial films, she won the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for playing a young widow in Woh Chokri (1994). In 2018, she saw career resurgence for starring as a middle-aged pregnant woman in the comedy-drama Badhaai Ho, for which she won the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress and received a nomination for the Filmfare Award for Best Actress. Other than this, she has million of followers on her social media platforms.
Neena Gupta Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurements
- As of 2020, Neena Gupta age is 60 years old.
- She stands on a height of 5 feet 7 inches tall.
- She weighs around 55 Kg or 121 lbs.
- Her body measurements are not known.
- She has a pair of dark brown eyes and has black hair color.
- She wears a shoe size of 6 UK.
Neena Gupta Husband
- As of 2020, Neena Gupta is married with Vivek Mehra.
- She was in a highly publicised relationship with former West Indian cricketer Vivian Richards in the 1980s, with whom she has a daughter, Masaba Gupta, a designer.
- Neena never married Richards and chose to raise Masaba as a single-mother in India.
- It was at that time she chose to move the family from New Delhi to Mumbai.
- On 15 July 2008, Neena married New Delhi-based Vivek Mehra, a chartered accountant and Partner with PwC India in a secret ceremony in the United States.
Neena Gupta Quick Facts
|Real Name||Neena Gupta|
|Born||4 July 1959|
|Age||60 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||Woh Chokri Movie (1994)|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'7"|
|Bra Cup Size||Not Known|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Late R.N Gupta
Mother: Late Shakuntla Gupta
|Children||Daughter: Masaba Gupta (Deginer)|
|Net Worth||Approx Rs 1.5 crore (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links|
Neena Gupta Born, Family & Education
- Neena Gupta was born on 4 May 1959 in New Delhi to R.N.Gupta.
- She holds Indian nationality.
- Her father “Late R.N Gupta” was a serviceman in a private firm and mother “Late Shakuntla Gupta” was a homemaker. She is the eldest daughter of her parents.
- She has siblings as well.
- She has a younger brother named, Pankaj Gupta.
- As per her education, she attended the Lawrence School, Sanawar.
- Gupta did her Master’s Degree and M.Phil. in Sanskrit, and is an alumnus of National School of Drama, New Delhi.
Neena Gupta Career
- As per her career, after completing her 2-year acting course, she started giving audition for many films.
- In the year 1982, Neena Gupta got a chance to work in her first Bollywood movie named “Saath Saath”.
- People loved her performance very much.
- That’s why she worked more than 3 movies in the same year.
- Neena Gupta has also appeared in so many International movies like Cotton Mary, Gandhi, In Custody, Mirza Ghalib, etc.
- Then she worked in so many Hindi films with popular stars and became one of the famous celebrities of the 90s.
- Apart from the movies, she also did great work in the television industry.
- She debuts in daily soap with her first show named “Khandaan”.
- Then she worked in so many shows like Junoon, Daane Anaar Ke, Made in Heaven, etc.
- There was a turning point in Nina’s acting career when she had no work.
- She asked for a job stating her work experience at a job site. After that, she comes back to Bollywood with the movie Veere Di Wedding.
- Then she made so many comedy movies with famous actor Ayushmann like Badhaai Ho, Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, etc.
Net Worth of Neena Gupta
- As of 2020, Neena Gupta net worth is estimated around Rs 1.5 crore.
- Her primary source of income is her acting career.
Facts about Neena Gupta
- In her school days, she was very passionate about hockey.
- Neena worked in the film “Gandhi” for Rs 10000 only.
- She also appeared in the Malayalam movie like Aham and Vasthuhara.
- She was honored with two Filmfare Awards for the movie Badhaai Ho.
- In 2019, Neena won the India national Film Festival of Boston for the movie “The Last Color”.
- Her mom wanted her daughter to become an IAS officer, in 1993.
- She has featured in an Item song Choli Ke Peeche with Madhuri Dixit.
- Gupta also worked as a host for the show named “Kamzor Kadi Kaun”.
- The famous actor Amitabh Bachchan sent her an appreciation letter for the movie Badhaai Ho.
- She is a good writer as well and wrote the script of the famous web series named “Kehne Ko Humsafar Hain”.
- She has featured in the Chings Chowmein Massala commercial advertisement.
- She likes to play with her pet dog named Luca.
- She featured on the cover pages of so many famous magazines like Femina, Verve, etc.
- She uploaded a post on her official Instagram account for demanding work, in 2017.
- She is an ardent follower of Lord Ganesha.