Michael Richard “Mike” Pence is the 48th vice president of the United States. He was elected on November 8, 2016. President Donald Trump announced that he had selected Pence as his running mate on July 15, 2016. Pence served as the 50th governor of Indiana from January 14, 2013, to January 9, 2017. In April 2013, an analysis of Republican governors conducted by Nate Silver of the New York Times ranked Pence as the second most conservative governor in the country. From 2001 to 2013, Pence served as a Republican member of the U.S. House of Representatives. During his final year in the House, Pence was rated a “far-right Republican leader” based on an analysis of bill sponsorship by GovTrack. Pence’s press secretary stated that Pence tested negative for coronavirus on March 21, 2020. Pence was tested after one of his staffers tested positive.
Mike Pence Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Mike Pence age is 60 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 8 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has blonde hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Mike Pence Wife
- Mike and Karen Pence have been married since 1985.
- The two met while he was in law school at Indiana University.
- Couple is blessed with hey have three children named, Michael, Charlotte, and Audrey.
- As per his previous dating history, it is not known in public domain.
Mike Pence Quick Facts
|Real Name||Michael Richard Pence|
|Nick Name||Mike Pence|
|Born||June 7, 1959|
|Age||60 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||48th vice president of the United States|
|Political party||Republican (1983–present)|
|Birthplace||Columbus, Indiana, U.S|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5 ft 8 in|
|Biceps Size||Not Known|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)|
|Parents||Father: Edward Joseph Pence Jr.
Mother: Nancy Jane
|Siblings||Brother: Greg Pence
Sister: Not Known
|Previous Dating?||Not Known|
|Girlfriend/ Dating||Not Known|
|Spouse/ Wife||Karen Batten (m. 1985)|
|Children||(3) Michael, Charlotte, and Audrey|
|Education||1. Hanover College (BA)
2. Indiana University – Purdue
3. University Indianapolis (JD)
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter|
Mike Pence Early Life & Education
- Michael Richard Pence was born June 7, 1959, in Columbus, Indiana.
- Her mother name is Nancy Jane and father name Edward Joseph Pence Jr. who ran a group of gas stations.
- His family were Irish Catholic Democrats.
- He has siblings as well.
- His oldest brother, Greg, ran in 2018 to represent Indiana’s 6th congressional district in Congress.
- In 1988, Pence’s father died, leaving his mother, Nancy, a widow with four grown children and two teenagers.
- On May 1, 2004, Pence’s mother married Basil Coolidge Fritsch, a widower since 2001.
- As per his educational qualifications, in 1977, he graduated from Columbus North High School.
- He earned a Bachelor of Arts in history from Hanover College in 1981.
Mike Pence Career
- In 2012, Mike Pence announced that he would be seeking the Republican nomination for governor of Indiana.
- In 2013, he was sworn in as the 50th governor of Indiana.
- In 2015, Pence signed Indiana Senate Bill 101, also known as the Indiana “religious objections” bill.
- In May 2017, Pence filed FEC paperwork to form Great America Committee, a PAC that would be headed by his former campaign staffers Nick Ayers and Marty Obst.
- This is the only time a vice president has started his own PAC while still in office.
- Pence denied a New York Times article’s allegations that he will run for president in 2020, calling them “laughable and absurd”, and said the article was “disgraceful and offensive”.
Mike Pence Facts
- Pence was raised in a Catholic family, served as an altar server, and attended parochial school.
- Pence’s father died in 1988, leaving his mother, Nancy, a widow with four grown children and two teenagers.
- The Pences have four pets, a cat, a dog, a rabbit, and a snake.
- Their rabbit, named Marlon Bundo.
- He became a born-again Christian in college.
- Pence’s state of Indiana has one of the worst smoking problems in America.
- His Instagram bio read is, “Vice President Mike Pence. Husband, father, and honored to serve as the 48th Vice President of the United States. 🇺🇸”!