Willard Mitt Romney (born 12 March 1947) is a well known American politician and businessman from Detroit city of United States. He handled the position of Governor of Massachusetts from 2003 to 2007. He also stood as the candidate for US president, in 2012. The American millionaire started his career back in the 1970s and started working for a company named Bain & Co. Over the years he worked well and set himself at the position of CEO in the company. He used to receive handsome pay which used to be on lacs of USD. In the year 1984, he with the help of other partners started a financial investment company by the name “Bain Capital”. In 2002, People magazine included Romney in its 50 Most Beautiful People list and in 2004, a foundation that promotes the Olympic truce, gave him its inaugural Truce Ideal Award.
Mitt Romney Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Mitt Romney age is 73 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 9 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has brown hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 11 UK.
Mitt Romney Quick Facts
|Real Name||Willard Mitt Romney|
|Nick Name||Mitt Romney|
|Pen Name||Pierre Delecto|
|Born||March 12, 1947|
|Age||73 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||Republican (1993–present)|
|Political party||Republican (1993–present)|
|Birthplace||Detroit, Michigan, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'9"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: George Romney
Mother: Lenore Romney
|Spouse/ Wife||Ann Davies (m. 1969)|
|Children||(5) Matt, Josh, Ben, Craig and Tagg|
|Education||1. Stanford University
2. Brigham Young University (BA)
3. Harvard University (JD–MBA)
|Net Worth||Approx $250 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Mitt Romney Spouse/ Wife
- As of 2020, Mitt Romney is married to Ann Davies.
- Ann Davies is an equestrian, author, and philanthropist who had served as the First Lady of Massachusetts for four years(2003-2007).
- The couple tied the knot with each other in 1969.
- The couple is happy together and there are no rumors of their divorce.
- The couple is blessed with five sons, Tagg, Matt, Josh, Ben, and Craig.
- Mitt is also the grandfather of David Milt and William Romney.
- Currently, he is living in Michigan with his family.
Mitt Romney Early Life & Education
- Mitt Romney was born on March 12, 1947, in Detroit, Michigan, United States.
- His birth name is Willard Mitt Romney.
- He holds American nationality.
- His zodiac sign is Pisces.
- He belongs to White ethnicity.
- His father name is George Romney and mother named, Lenore Romney.
- His parents were also a politician.
- He has a brother, Scott Romney and two sisters, Jane and Margo Lynn Romney.
- He was raised in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan along with his siblings. Since his childhood, he was interested in politics.
- He also had participated in political campaigns of his parents.
- As per his education, he did his schooling from Cranbook School.
- Later in 1971, he went to Brigham Young University where he earned a Bachelor of Arts in English. Later, he graduated from Harvard Law School with a law degree.
- In 1975, he attended Harvard Business School and graduated with a Business Administration degree.
- He also helped his parents in their political campaign.
Mitt Romney Political Career
- As per his career, Mitt Romney started his professional career after he joined the Boston Consulting Group(BCG) as a management consultant in 1975.
- Romney was hired by the management consulting firm, “Bain & Company”, in 1977.
- Romney became a counselor to the president of the Boston Stake in 1977.
- Romney served as vice-president of the firm in 1978 where he was referred to as one of its best consultants.
- In 1984, Romney left “Bain & Company” as he co-founded and led the spin-off company, “Bain Capital”.
- Later, in 1990, Romney was announced as the CEO of “Bain & Company” where he lead the company out of a financial crisis.
- Romney served as bishop of his ward and later as a stake president at “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints”(LDS Church).
- In 1994, Romney ran as the Republican candidate in the 1994 United States Senate election in Massachusetts.
- In February 1999, Romney served as the president and CEO of the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympic Games Organizing Committee.
- He restructured the organization’s leadership and policies and soon emerged as the local public face of the Olympic effort.
- Romney separated from “Bain Capital” in early 2002 however, earning million dollars as annual income.
- Romney got elected as the 70th Governor of Massachusetts on January 2, 2003. He presided over the elimination of a projected $1.2–1.5 billion deficit over the tax loopholes during his tenure.
- Romney announced of candidacy for the Republican nomination in the 2008 U.S. presidential election on February 13, 2007.
- Romney released his book titled “No Apology: The Case for American Greatness” in March 2010.
- Romney became the first LDS Church member to be a presidential nominee of a major party to be a candidate for the 2012 Presidential Election.
- However, he was defeated by the incumbent Democratic President Barack Obama in the 2012 presidential election.
- Romney was elected U.S. Senator from Utah on November 6, 2018.
- On February 16, 2018, Romney formally launched his campaign through a video message posted on Facebook and Twitter.
- Romney became the third personality to serve as governor of one state and senator from another state after the general election for US Senate seat in Utah on November 6, 2018.
- Romney condemned the 2019 Sri Lanka Easter bombings on April 21, 2019.
- On October 21, 2019, Romney admitted having run a secret Twitter account under the mysterious pseudonym “Pierre Delecto” to defend himself from the columnist’s criticism.
Net Worth of Mitt Romney
- Mitt Romney is a very rich man.
- He is elected president on Nov. 6, he will become one of the wealthiest people ever to hold the office.
- But exactly what is the net worth of Romney? The figure that gets tossed around is $250 million in net worth, meaning the total value of his assets, financial and others, minus any debts.
- It’s a big number, but frankly, it seems low.
- “Mitt Romney should be a billionaire,” Margaret Collins and Richard Rubin stated flatly last month in a detailed Bloomberg News examination of his wealth. Yet, when Boston Magazine listed the 50 wealthiest Bostonians in 2006, Romney, then the governor of Massachusetts, was not even on the list. His Bain partner, Steve Pagliuca, who joined the firm in 1989 (five years after Romney started it) was listed at No. 35, with a net worth of $410 million.
- The form shows that Romney has about $31 million in cash and between $250,000 and $500,000 worth of gold, and that less than a quarter of his financial assets are related to Bain. The form excludes his homes in California, Massachusetts and New Hampshire. It also excludes the (perfectly legal) tax-avoiding trust he established in 1995 for his children and grandchildren that Bloomberg estimates contains $100 million. But it includes his 1996 charitable remainder trust (listed with a value of less than $50,000 in cash), four speaking fees totaling $190,000, and both his and his wife Ann’s blind trusts and individual retirement accounts.
- Romney’s IRA, valued between $21 million and $102 million, must contain a portion of his profits — or “carried interest,” in private-equity speak — from myriad Bain deals. He put the carried interest in his IRA when it was valued at a nominal amount and then, through the financial alchemy of leveraged buyouts, watched its value soar.
- So, if Romney’s reported $250 million net worth seems low compared with his peers, his former partners and his securities portfolio,
Facts about Mitt Romney
- People magazine named Romney as a Most Beautiful People for 2002, and
- Time Magazine ranked her name as the most influential person in 2012.
- Romney has received a number of honorary doctorates, including in business from the University of Utah in 1999.
- He also received one from Southern Virginia University in 2013.
- He is also active on social media platforms and has an immense fan following there.