Michael James Dunleavy (born May 5, 1961) is an American politician who is the 12th governor of Alaska, serving since December 3, 2018. Dunleavy was a Republican member of the Alaska Senate from 2013 to 2018. He defeated former Democratic United States senator Mark Begich in the 2018 gubernatorial election after incumbent governor Bill Walker dropped out of the race.
Mike Dunleavy Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Mitt Romney age is 58 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 8 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has brown hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Mike Dunleavy Quick Facts
|Real Name||Michael James Dunleavy|
|Nick Name||Michael Dunleavy|
|Born||May 5, 1961|
|Age||58 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||Republican (1984–present)|
|Political party||Republican (1984–present)|
|Birthplace||Scranton, Pennsylvania, U.S|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'8"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Spouse/ Wife||Rose Newlin|
|Children||(3) Maggie, Catherine, and Ceil Dunleavy|
|Education||1. Misericordia University (BA)
2. University of Alaska Fairbanks (MEd)
|Net Worth||Approx $200 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Mike Dunleavy Spouse/ Wife
- As of 2020, Mike Dunleavy is married with Rose Newlin.
- In fact, the couple is also blessed with three beautiful children.
- Children are Maggie, Catherine, and Ceil Dunleavy.
- The children were raised in both rural and urban Alaska.
- Currently, they resides in Scranton, Pennsylvania, U.S.
- His previous dating history is not known in public domain.
- As of now, couple is spending their life at the fullest.
Mike Dunleavy Early Life & Education
- Dunleavy was born on May 5, 1961 and belongs from Scranton, Pennsylvania.
- Mike Dunleavy father was a mailman and his mother was a secretary.
- The strong work ethic and love that Mike Dunleavy family instilled in him makes him committed to doing the right thing even when it’s difficult.
- Mike Dunleavy has three siblings as well.
- As per his education, he completed a bachelor’s degree in history at Misericordia University in 1983.
- He earned his master’s degree in education from the University of Alaska Fairbanks.
- In 1983, he moved to Alaska and pursued a career as a teacher, school principal and school district superintendent.
- Prior to his election to the Alaska Senate, Dunleavy served on the Matanuska-Susitna Borough Board, including two years as the board’s president.
Mike Dunleavy Political Career
- As per his career, In 2017 Dunleavy announced he would run for governor in 2018, but abandoned the race in September 2017, citing heart problems.
- He announced his return to the race, in December 2017.
- He resigned his senate seat effective January 15, 2018, to focus on his campaign.
- Retired United States Air Force lieutenant colonel Mike Shower was chosen as his successor by Governor Bill Walker and confirmed by the Alaska Senate caucus after numerous replacement candidates were rejected.
- On July 15, 2019, an effort to recall Dunleavy began following a public backlash over his cuts to public assistance, education and the University of Alaska.
Net Worth of Politician Mike Dunleavy
- As of 2020, Politician Mike Dunleavy net worth is estimated around $200 million USD
- However, Mike Dunleavy started as a wood logger in 1983 when he first came to Alaska.
- Now, he is running for the governor.
- As a wood logger, his salary was pretty small to contribute to Mike Dunleavy net worth.
- Later, Mike Dunleavy worked as a teacher and Principal.
- The earnings from these jobs contribute to Mike Dunleavy net worth.
- As he entered the politics, Mike Dunleavy net worth has increased by many folds.
Facts about Mike Dunleavy
- Mike Dunleavy aim was to become an educator.
- He came to Alaska in 1983 where he took a job at logging the camp on Prince of Wales Island.
- Later, he pursued his dreams to become an educator.
- He is a former teacher, principal, and superintendent.
- He has earned a master’s degree in Education from the University of Alaska Fairbanks.