Douglas Anthony Ducey (born April 9, 1964) is an American businessman and politician. He is the 23rd governor of Arizona and a former CEO of Cold Stone Creamery, a chain of ice cream parlors. Ducey was CEO of Cold Stone Creamery from 1995 to 2007, when he and his business partner sold the company. A Republican, he was the State Treasurer of Arizona from 2011 to 2015. On November 4, 2014, Ducey was elected governor of Arizona; he took office on January 5, 2015. He was reelected in 2018.
Doug Ducey Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Doug Ducey age is 56 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 8 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- He has black eyes and has black hair as well.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Doug Ducey Quick Facts
|Real Name||Douglas Anthony Roscoe Jr.|
|Nick Name||Doug Ducey|
|Born||April 9, 1964|
|Age||56 years old (As of 2020)|
|Birthplace||Toledo, Ohio, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'8"|
|Parents||Father: Madeline Scott
Mother: Douglas Roscoe Sr
|Spouse/ Wife||Angela Ducey|
|Children||(3) Jack, Joe and Sam|
|Education||Arizona State University, Tempe (BS)|
|Award||AFP Spirit of Philanthropy Award (2007)|
|Net Worth||Approx $200 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Facebook, Twitter|
Doug Ducey Wife
- As of 2020, Doug Ducey is married with his wife, Angela.
- Ducey met his wife, Angela, while attending Arizona State University.
- They live in Paradise Valley with their three sons, Jack, Joe and Sam.
- The Duceys purchased land in Paradise Valley, Arizona in 2005, had a house built there, and listed the home for sale in late 2019 at an asking price of $8.75 million.
Doug Ducey Born & Education
- Doug Ducey was born on April 9, 1964 in Toledo, Ohio, U.S.
- He was raised by Douglas Anthony Roscoe Jr.
- His father name is Madeline Scott and mother named Douglas Roscoe Sr., a former member of the Toledo Police Department.
- In 1975, his parents divorced, and his mother married businessman Michael Ducey, to whom she remained married until 1981.
- Michael Ducey adopted Douglas and his siblings in 1976, and Douglas’s last name was legally changed to his adoptive father’s.
- As per his education, Ducey graduated from St. John’s Jesuit High School in 1982 and moved to Arizona to attend Arizona State University (ASU) while working at Hensley & Co., the Anheuser-Busch distributor owned by the family of Cindy McCain.
- He graduated in 1986 with a Bachelor of Science degree in finance.
- During his 2014 campaign for governor, press accounts revealed that some of Ducey’s relatives in Toledo were involved in organized crime in Ohio.
- The investigation found no evidence that Ducey profited from or engaged in criminal activity. Ducey declined to comment.
Doug Ducey Political Career
- After graduating from ASU, Ducey joined Procter & Gamble and began a career in sales and marketing.
- Ducey was the CEO of Cold Stone Creamery from 1995 to 2007.
- In 2010 Ducey was elected state treasurer of Arizona, replacing Dean Martin.
- In July 2013 Ducey filed the paperwork necessary to explore the possibility of running for governor.
- Ducey defeated Democrat Fred DuVal and Libertarian Barry Hess in the November 4 general election.
- Ducey opposed same-sex marriage as well as domestic partnerships for unmarried couple.
- As governor, in 2015, he supported allowing same-sex couples to adopt children.
- In April 2019, he signed into law a bill that repealed the sex and health education laws that prohibited the “promotion” of homosexuality as an acceptable “lifestyle.”
- In 2018 Ducey announced his intention to run for reelection to a second term.
- Ducey was reelected in November, defeating Democratic nominee David Garcia, in the same year.
Net Worth of Doug Ducey
- Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey, who is also the founder and former CEO of ice cream chain Cold Stone Creamery, listed his family estate for $8.75 million, as of 2020.
- The French-style farmhouse on the sprawling land, which was built in 2009, boasts six bedrooms and seven-and-a-half bathrooms, according to the listing.
- The 11,412-square-foot residence features plaster walls and ironwork, and is embellished with antique French oak flooring and timber beams. There is also an eight-car garage on the property.
- The kitchen is equipped with custom white oak cabinetry, Belgian bluestone countertops, terracotta tile flooring, and a reclaimed brick fireplace opening to a living room, which connects to the outdoor patio and outdoor bar and kitchen, says the listing.
- The Duceys bought the estate in 2005 under an LLC with $1.825 million, according to records on PropertyShark.
- Vicki Potolicchio, the Scottsdale-based listing agent with eXp Realty, did not immediately respond to a phone call seeking comment for the article.
- Multiple rooms of the property open to covered patios, courtyards and walkways with outdoor fireplaces and seating areas. Other amenities include six fireplaces, a four-car garage, a wine cellar and a 1,200-square-foot guesthouse.
Facts about Doug Ducey
- He was endorsed by Senator Ted Cruz during his 2014 gubernatorial campaign.
- He worked a variety of jobs and learned different aspects of business.
- All of this was critical to learning how to navigate tough and difficult periods.
- He has been preparing to handle various crises all his life.
- One of his first jobs coming out of school was at Proctor & Gamble.
- He started off in the sales department and slowly worked his way to management.
- Along the way he learned many aspects of the manufacturing process and helped to create some of P&G’s most innovative products.
- By the time Ducey was running the division, he had a hand in everything from baby powder to the creation of new kinds of foam pillows.
- Learning to manage the supply chain was critical for dealing with the COVID-19 crisis.
- He is well-known for firing people that he considers to be too excessive and claims that his ‘mandate’ is to shrink government.
- Ducey is more than willing to put others first.
- He has been well known to give his time and energy to various campaigns and charities in Arizona and elsewhere.
- He is known for giving his time to important causes such as the Entrepreneurs’ Organization and the American Diabetes Association.
- It is clear that Ducey cares about more than just politics. In fact, he is dedicated to improving the lives of every Arizonian.