Gina Marie Raimondo (born May 17, 1971) is an American politician and venture capitalist serving, since 2015, as the 75th Governor of Rhode Island. She is a member of the Democratic Party, she is the first woman to serve as Governor of Rhode Island. Prior to her election, she served as General Treasurer of Rhode Island from 2011 to 2015 and was the second woman to hold the office. She was selected as the Democratic candidate for Rhode Island’s governorship in the 2014 election. Raimondo won the election on November 4, 2014, with 41% of the vote, in a three-way race, against the Mayor of Cranston, Republican Allan Fung, and businessman Robert Healey.
Gina Raimondo Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurements
- As of 2020, Gina Raimondo age is 48 years old.
- She stands on a height of 5 feet 6 inches tall.
- She weighs around 55 Kg or 121 lbs.
- Her body measurements are not known.
- She has a pair of dark brown eyes and has brown hair color.
- She wears a shoe size of 6 UK.
Gina Raimondo Spouse
- As of 2020, Gina Raimondo is married with Andrew Kind Moffit.
- On November 1, 2001, Raimondo married Andrew Kind Moffit, in Providence, Rhode Island.
- The couple have two children, Cecilia and Thompson Moffit.
- Couple is also blessed with two children.
Gina Raimondo Net Worth & Salary
- As of 2020, Gina Raimondo net worth is estimated around $300 million USD.
- Her primary source of income is her political career.
- Other than this, Gina Raimondo was a co-founder and partner in a very small local venture capital firm with very little money under management and a very short investment track record.
- Gina succeeded in convincing the $8 billion state pension to invest $5 million in a brand new fund her nascent, unproven firm was offering called the Point Judith Venture Fund II.
- Since 2001, her firm only managed $15 million at the time it made its sales pitch to the pension.
- Better still for Gina, prior to entering politics, she was “gifted” by her friends at the firm with an undisclosed ownership interest in the very same fund the pension paid millions to invest in.
- She paid nothing for her shares- the state pension paid $5 million.
Gina Raimondo Quick Facts
|Real Name||Gina Marie Raimondo|
|Born||May 17, 1971|
|Age||48 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||75th Governor of Rhode Island|
|Birthplace||Smithfield, Rhode Island, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'6"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Spouse/ Husband||Andrew Moffit (m. 2001)|
|Education||1. LaSalle Academy
2. Harvard University (AB)
3. New College, Oxford (MA, DPhil)
4. Yale University (JD)
|Net Worth||Approx $300 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Twitter, Instagram, Facebook|
Gina Raimondo Early Life & Education
- Gina Marie Raimondo was born May 17, 1971 in Smithfield, Rhode Island.
- She belongs t of Italian descent.
- She is the youngest of Josephine (Piro) and Joseph Raimondo’s three children.
- Her father worked for a watch company.
- As per her education, Raimondo graduated from LaSalle Academy, in Providence, as one of the first girls allowed to attend the Catholic school, where she was valedictorian.
- She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree magna cum laude in Economics from Harvard College in 1993, where she served on the staff of The Harvard Crimson.
- Later, she attended New College, Oxford as a Rhodes Scholar, where she received a Master of Arts degree and Doctor of Philosophy in 2002 in Sociology.
- Her doctoral thesis was on single motherhood and supervised by Stephen Nickell and Anne H. Gauthier while she was a postgraduate student of New College, Oxford.
- In 1998, Raimondo received her Juris Doctor degree from Yale Law School.
Gina Raimondo Political Career
- As per her early career, she served as a law clerk to federal Judge Kimba Wood of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Then, later, Raimondo acted as Senior Vice President for Fund Development at the Manhattan offices of Village Ventures, a venture capital firm based in Williamstown, Massachusetts, and backed by Bain Capital and Highland Capital Groups.
- In 2000, Raimondo returned to Rhode Island to co-found the state’s first venture capital firm, Point Judith Capital. Point Judith subsequently relocated its offices to Boston, Massachusetts.
- At Point Judith, Raimondo served as a general partner covering health care investments.
- She retains some executive duties with the firm.
- She is the second woman, after Republican Nancy J. Mayer of Bristol, to serve in that capacity since 1940.
Gina Raimondo Awards & Honors
- Raimondo is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations and an Aspen Institute Rodel fellow.
- In 2012, she was awarded an honorary degree from Bryant University.
- She has received awards from the northern Rhode Island chamber of commerce and the YWCA of northern Rhode Island. Raimondo was elected alumni fellow at Yale, in 2014.
Facts about Gina Raimondo
- After arriving from Italy at age 14, her grandfather learned English studying in the Providence Public Library, and later lived with Gina’s family.
- As a teenager, Gina rode a RIPTA bus to LaSalle Academy in Providence, where she was valedictorian of her graduating class.
- She tackled the state’s $7 billion unfunded pension liability and shepherded passage of the Rhode Island Retirement Security Act of 2011.
- Her agenda is designed to kick start the state’s economy and create jobs.
- She knows that Rhode Island needs a government that invests in areas that lead to opportunity for all Rhode Islanders, and rebuild the middle class.
- Her instagram bio read is, “Governor dedicated to moving Rhode Island forward. Smithfield native and proud mother of two.”
- She recently adpoted a dog and named him, ‘Sparky’.