William Asa Hutchinson II (born December 3, 1950) is an American businessman, attorney, and politician, serving since 2015 as the 46th Governor of Arkansas. Formerly, he was U.S. Attorney for the Fort Smith-based Western District of Arkansas, U.S. Congressman from the Third District of Arkansas, Administrator of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), and the first Undersecretary for Border & Transportation Security at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
From 2020 to 2021, Hutchinson served as vice chair of the National Governors Association, then succeeded Democratic Governor Andrew M. Cuomo of New York as chair of the organization for 2021-2022.
Asa Hutchinson Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2021, Asa Hutchinson age is 70 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 7 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has brown hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Asa Hutchinson Quick Facts
|Real Name||William Asa Hutchinson II|
|Nick Name||Asa Hutchinson|
|Born||December 3, 1950|
|Age||69 years old (As of 2020)|
|Birthplace||Bentonville, Arkansas, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'7"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: John Malcolm Hutchinson Sr.
Mother: Coral Virginia
|Siblings||Brother: Timothy Hutchinson|
|Spouse/ Wife||Susan Hutchinson|
|Education||1. Bob Jones University (BA)
2. University of Arkansas (JD)
|Net Worth||Approx $146,000 USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Net Worth of Asa Hutchinson
- Asa Hutchinson, net worth and earnings is updated in April 2020.
- Asa Hutchinson’s net worth based on recent statistical data.
- It is estimated around $146,000 USD.
- It means that half of people have more and half have less.
Asa Hutchinson Wife
- As of 2020, Asa Hutchinson is married with his wife Susan Hutchinson.
- In fact, couple is also blessed with four children whose names are not known.
- Susan is the lovely wife First Lady Asa Hutchinson.
- Couple is living happily as of now.
Asa Hutchinson Born & Education
- Hutchinson was born on December 3, 1950 in Bentonville, Arkansas.
- He is the son of Coral Virginia (Mount) Hutchinson (1912–1998) and John Malcolm Hutchinson Sr. (1907–1991).
- Asa Hutchinson’s older brother, Tim, preceded him as U.S. Representative from Arkansas’s 3rd congressional district.
- His identical twin nephews, Jeremy and Timothy Chad Hutchinson, sons of Tim Hutchinson, were the first twins to serve alongside each other in the Arkansas General Assembly.
- As per his education, he earned his bachelor’s degree from Bob Jones University in South Carolina in 1972, and received his J.D. from the University of Arkansas School of Law in 1975.
- He practiced law in Fort Smith for 21 years and handled more than 100 jury trials.
Asa Hutchinson Career
- Hutchinson was appointed by President Ronald Reagan as U.S. Attorney for the United States Western District of Arkansas, in 1982.
- founded a consulting firm, Hutchinson Group, LLC, with partners Betty Guhman and Kirk Tompkins, in Little Rock, in 2005.
- The Arkansas Democrat Gazette reported that Hutchinson’s $2,800 investment in Fortress America Acquisition Corporation, in 2006.
- Hutchinson agreed to serve on The Constitution Project’s Guantanamo Task Force in December 2010.
- He presented the National School Shield plan during a news conference at the National Press Club, in 2013.
- Hutchinson was a Republican candidate for governor of Arkansas in 2014.
- He was supported by House Speaker Davy Carter.
- He defeated Democratic gubernatorial nominee Mike Ross in the general election, in 2014.
- Hutchinson won re-election on November 6, 2018.
Facts about Asa Hutchinson
- He was the administrator of the Drug Enforcement Administration.
- He is the brother of Timothy Hutchinson.
- He made national headlines after successfully prosecuting The Covenant, The Sword, and The Arm of the Lord (CSA), a white supremacist organization founded by polygamist James Ellison.
- He has also an immense fan following on his social media platforms.
- He also captioned on his instagram, “Arkansas ranks 3rd in the U.S. in turkey production, growing 31.5 million turkeys per year and supporting over 19,000 jobs in the state. Today I proclaimed November 24-30 as Arkansas Turkey Week alongside my new friend Gertrude. I am thankful for all our farmers do for our state!”
- His twitter bio read is, “Husband of 46 yrs, Dad of 4, Papaw of 6. Lifelong Arkansan. Governor of Arkansas. Former Congressman, Admin. of DEA, Under Sec. of Homeland Security.”
- In February 2005, Hutchinson started a consulting firm, The Hutchinson Group, LLC, with partners Betty Guhman and Kirk Tompkins in Little Rock.
- In March 2006, Hutchinson terminated his contract with Venable to devote more time to his gubernatorial campaign and the business in Little Rock.
- In January 2007, after leaving Venable again in January 2007, he rejoined.