Andrew Graham Beshear (born November 29, 1977) is an American attorney and politician who has served as the 63rd Governor of Kentucky since December 2019. A member of the Democratic Party, he is the son of Steve Beshear, the 61st Governor of Kentucky. Beshear was elected attorney general of Kentucky in November 2015. As attorney general, Beshear sued Governor Matt Bevin several times over issues such as health care and pensions, before challenging and narrowly defeating Bevin in the 2019 gubernatorial election.
Andy Beshear Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2021, Andy Beshear age is 43 years old.
- He stands on a height of 6 feet 2 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is hazel and has brown hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Andy Beshear Quick Facts
|Real Name||Andrew Graham Beshear|
|Born||November 29, 1977|
|Age||42 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||63rd Governor of Kentucky|
|Birthplace||Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 6'2"|
|Parents||Father: Steve Beshear
Mother: Jane (Klingner) Beshear
|Spouse/ Wife||Britainy Beshear (m. 2006)|
|Children||(2) Lila Beshear, Will Beshear|
|Education||1. Vanderbilt University (BA)
2. University of Virginia (JD)
|Net Worth||Approx $118,300 USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Andy Beshear Wife
- As of 2021, Andy Beshear is married with Britainy Beshear, since 2006.
- Beshear and his wife Britainy are both members of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and serve as deacons.
- Brittany is an American philanthropist and works on the board of Maryhurst as well as assisting in the counseling program for protecting the children and families.
- Andy and Britainy on their 13th marriage anniversary went camping.
- The couple has two children together named, daughter Lila Beshear and son Will Beshear.
Andy Beshear Early Life & Education
- Andy Beshear was born on November 29, 1977, in Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.
- Beshear is the son of Steve and Jane (Klingner) Beshear.
- He grew up in Fayette, Franklin, and Clark counties and graduated from Henry Clay High School in Lexington, Kentucky.
- Besides, he holds an American nationality, and as per ethnicity, he belongs to White.
- Steve Beshear was the Governor of the Commonwealth of Kentucky from 2007 to 2015.
- As per his education, Beshear attended Vanderbilt University, where he was a member of the Sigma Chi Fraternity and graduated magna cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in political science and anthropology.
- Then, he attended the University of Virginia School of Law, where he received his Juris Doctor.
- In 2005, he was hired by the law firm Stites & Harbison.
- He represented the developers of the Bluegrass Pipeline, which would have transported natural gas through the state.
Andy Beshear Career
- Beshear announced his candidacy for the 2015 election for Attorney General of Kentucky to succeed Democrat Jack Conway, in 2013.
- He sued governor Matt Bevin over his mid-cycle budget cuts to the state university system, which Beshear said Bevin was not authorized to do, in 2016.
- He had filed nine lawsuits against pharmaceutical companies for their alleged involvement in fueling Kentucky’s opioid epidemic, in Nov 2018.
- Beshear supports same-sex marriage and equal rights for LGTBQ people.
- When he was attorney general, 60% of his staff were minorities and women.
- He supports expanding gaming and gambling in Kentucky to help fund the state’s pension system, which has accumulated US$24 billion in debt since 2000.
Net Worth of Andy Beshear
- As of 2021, Andy Beshear net worth is estimated around $119,300.
- In the case of tax, he is a very strict person.
- He believes the solution for the financial crisis of Kentucky is not the removal of income tax.
- Beshear disclosed his income tax returns and advised every officeholder to be translucent about theirs. Furthermore, his taxes sum up to $12,197.
- Also, Andy and Britainy disclosed they had a debt of dollar ten thousand each involving student loans as well as mortgage.
Facts about Andy Beshear
- He has been concentrating on the pandemic COVID-19.
- He is praised for daily news conferences based on the coronavirus at 5:00 pm.
- Furthermore, on March 15, 2020, he announced that he tested negative for coronavirus after he attended an event where two people had tested positive for the disease.
- He has focussed on the Criminal Justice, Economic policy, Education, Environment, Equality, Health Care, Infrastructure and Pensions.
- His instagram bio read is, “Father · Husband · Son · Governor of the Commonwealth of Kentucky · Committed to setting a positive tone and fighting for all our families.”