Lawrence Joseph Hogan Jr. (born May 25, 1956) is an American politician. A member of the Republican Party, he has served as the 62nd Governor of Maryland since 2015 and chair of the National Governors Association since July 2019.
Larry Hogan Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Larry Hogan age is 63 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 7 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has blonde hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Larry Hogan Quick Facts
|Real Name||Lawrence Joseph Hogan Jr.|
|Nick Name||Larry Hogan|
|Born||May 25, 1956|
|Age||63 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||62nd Governor of Maryland|
|Birthplace||Washington, D.C., U.S|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'7"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Lawrence Hogan Sr
Mother: Nora Maguire
|Relatives||Brother: Patrick N. Hogan (half-brother)|
|Spouse/ Wife||Yumi Hogan|
|Children||Kim Velez, Jaymi Sterling, and Julie Kim|
|Education||Florida State University (BA)|
|Net Worth||Approx $300 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Larry Hogan Wife
- As of 2020, Larry Hogan is married with Yumi Hogan.
- Hogan resides in Government House in Annapolis with his wife, Yumi Hogan, a Korean-American artist and adjunct instructor at Maryland Institute College of Art.
- The couple met in 2001 and married in 2004.
- Hogan is the stepfather of Yumi’s three adult daughters from her first marriage: Kim Velez, Jaymi Sterling, and Julie Kim.
- Hogan’s brother, Patrick N. Hogan, represented a district in Frederick County, Maryland in the Maryland House of Delegates from 2003 to 2007 and 2011 to 2015.
- In June 2015, Hogan announced that he had been diagnosed with stage three non-Hodgkin lymphoma and was undergoing treatment.
- He completed 18 weeks of intensive chemotherapy and announced in November 2015 that the cancer was in remission.
- He underwent his last chemotherapy treatment in October 2016 and was deemed to be cancer-free.
Larry Hogan Early Life & Education
- Hogan was born in 1956 in Washington, D.C. and grew up in Landover, Maryland, attending Saint Ambrose Catholic School and DeMatha Catholic High School.
- He moved to Florida with his mother after his parents divorced in 1972 and graduated from Father Lopez Catholic High School in 1974.
- Hogan is the son of Nora (Maguire) and Lawrence Hogan Sr., who served as a U.S. Congressman from Maryland’s 5th Congressional District from 1969 to 1975 and as Prince George’s County Executive from 1978 to 1982.
- Hogan Sr. was famous for being the first Republican member of the U.S. House Judiciary Committee to call for the impeachment of Richard Nixon.
- His parents were both of Irish descent.
- As per his education, Hogan attended Florida State University from 1974 to 1978 and earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in government and political science.
- While in college, Hogan worked in the Florida State Legislature and upon graduation, worked on Capitol Hill.
- Hogan helped his father run a successful campaign in 1978 for Prince George’s County Executive and later worked for his father as a low-paid ‘intergovernmental liaison’.
- In 1985, Hogan founded Hogan Companies, which is engaged in brokerage, consulting, investment and development of land, commercial and residential properties.
- He spent the next 18 years in the private sector.
Larry Hogan Career
- As the son of a U.S. Congressman, Hogan was exposed to politics at a young age and worked in many aspects of politics including political campaigns and citizen referendums.
- He was the Republican nominee for Maryland’s 5th congressional district, in 1992.
- He founded Change Maryland, a self-described non-partisan grassroots organization, in 2011.
- He announced proposed regulatory changes on phosphorus nutrient pollution in the Chesapeake Bay and the Eastern Shore of Maryland, in 2015.
- He signed legislation to reauthorize greenhouse gas reduction targets and mandate a 40% reduction in statewide carbon pollution by 2030, in 2016.
- He announced his support for the U.S. House of Representatives’ impeachment inquiry against Trump, in 2019.
Net Worth of Larry Hogan
- As of 2020, Larry Hogan net worth is estimated around $300 million USD.
- Hogan was paid $175,000 last year as governor, but most of his household income came from his private real estate business.
- After becoming governor in 2015, Hogan entered into a trust agreement in which three trustees manage his dozens of real estate holdings, but the trustees can provide the governor details of financial performance.
- The trust agreement was approved by the State Ethics Commission.
- About $735,000 of their income last year came from the governor’s real estate business and other investments.
- In 2017, a rental property generated $49,000 in income, but that was offset by $69,000 in expenses.
- Jealous reported earning $1.3 million from 2015 to 2017.
- He donated roughly $16,000 during that time.
- Jealous’ records show an average taxable income of $443,000, primarily for his work as a venture capitalist with California-based Kapor Capital. The firm invests in start-ups that work on social problems.
Facts about Larry Hogan
- Between taking office and February 2017, Hogan’s Facebook page blocked over 450 people.
- In March 2017, it was discovered that Hogan staffers altered headlines of Baltimore Sun and DelmarvaNow articles posted in the governor’s Facebook page to falsely imply General Assembly support for the Governor’s so-called “Road Kill Bill”; after the Sun contacted the governor’s office about the doctored headlines, the governor’s office rectified the problem.
- Hogan signed legislation into law making Maryland the 11th state to ban conversion therapy for minors, in 2018.
- He is a pet lover and owns a pet name, Chessie.