Gavin Christopher Newsom (born October 10, 1967) is an American politician and businessman who is the 40th governor of California, serving since January 2019. A member of the Democratic Party, he previously served as the 49th lieutenant governor of California from 2011 to 2019 and as the 42nd mayor of San Francisco from 2004 to 2011. He was sworn in as Governor of California on January 7, 2019
Gavin Newsom Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Gavin Newsom age is 52 years old.
- He stands on a height of 6 feet 3 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has brown hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 10 UK.
Gavin Newsom Quick Facts
|Real Name||Gavin Christopher Newsom|
|Born||October 10, 1967|
|Age||52 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||40th governor of California|
|Birthplace||San Francisco, California, U.S|
|Residence||Governor's Mansion (public)
Greenbrae, California (private)
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 6'3"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: William Alfred Newsom III
Mother: Tessa Thomas
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known|
|Spouse/ Wife||Jennifer Siebel Newsom|
|Children||(4) Montana Tessa Siebel Newsom, Hunter Siebel
Newsom, Brooklynn, and Dutch
|Education||Santa Clara University (BS)|
|Net Worth||Approx $300 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Gavin Newsom Wife
- As of 2020, Gavin Newsom is married with Jennifer Siebel Newsom.
- Newsom is the First Lady of California, wife of current Governor of California Gavin Newsom.
- She met Gavin on a blind date set up by a mutual friend at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts in October 2006.
- The couple announced their engagement in January 2008.
- Jennifer and Gavin wed in July of the same year at her parents’ ranch in Stevensville, Montana.
- It was Jennifer’s first marriage and Gavin’s second.
- The Newsoms have four children named, Montana Tessa Siebel Newsom, Hunter Siebel Newsom, Brooklynn, and Dutch.
- In 2011, Newsom and her family moved from San Francisco to Ross, where she’d grown up.
- In fact, for his wife Jennifer Siebel Newsom he also captioned on his Instagram post as “through the ups and the downs, the laughs and the cries, there’s no one else I’d rather have by my side. Life is an adventure and I am so lucky to share it with you. Happy Valentine’s Day to the best mom and partner, @jennifersiebelnewsom!! ❤️ love you.”
- As per his previous dating history, in January 2007, it was revealed that Newsom had had a romantic relationship in mid-2005 with Ruby Rippey-Tourk.
Gavin Newsom Early Life & Education
- Gavin Christopher Newsom was born on October 10, 1967, in San Francisco, California.
- His father name is William Alfred Newsom III, a state appeals court justice and attorney for Getty Oil and mother name is, Tessa Thomas.
- He holds American nationality and belongs to white ethnicity.
- Newsom’s parents separated when he was two, and divorced in 1972.
- At age ten, Newsom moved with his mother and sister to nearby Marin County.
- As per his education, Newsom played basketball and baseball and graduated from Redwood High School in 1985.
Gavin Newsom Career
- In 1995, Newsom’s first political experience came when he volunteered for Willie Brown’s successful campaign for mayor.
- Brown appointed Newsom to a vacant seat on the Parking and Traffic Commission, and he was later elected president of the commission, in 1996.
- Brown appointed him to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors seat vacated by Kevin Shelley, in 1997.
- Newsom gained national attention when he directed the San Francisco city–county clerk to issue marriage licenses to same-sex couples, in violation of the then-current state law, in 2004.
- In April 2009, he announced his intention to run for Governor of California in the 2010 election.
- He released his first book, Citizenville: How to Take the Town Square Digital and Reinvent Government, on February 7, 2013.
- He joined then-Long Beach City College Superintendent Eloy Oakley in an op-ed calling for the creation of the California College Promise, in 2015.
- Newsom announced that he was opening a campaign account for governor in the 2018 elections, allowing him to raise funds for a campaign to succeed Jerry Brown as Governor of California, in the same year.
- Newsom was sworn in on January 7, 2019.
- On March 4, 2020, he declared a state of emergency, after the first death in California attributable to coronavirus.
Net Worth of Gavin Newsom
- As of 2020, Newsom’s investments included five restaurants and two retail clothing stores.
- Newsom’s annual income was greater than $429,000 from 1996 to 2001.
- In 2002, his business holdings were valued at more than $6.9 million.
- He is an American politician and investor who has a net worth of $20 million dollars.
- In February 2019, Gavin and Jennifer listed their home in Kentfield, California for $5.995 million.
- The purchased the house in 2011 for $2.225 million.
- Soon after Gavin was elected Governor the couple bought a $3.7 million house in Sacramento.
Facts about Gavin Newsom
- At the age of 24, Gavin and other investors created a company PlumpJack Associates and later, they started PlumpJack Winery.
- He started off his career as a businessman and has founded a series of gourmet food and wine shops.
- He moved into politics in the year 1995 by volunteering for Willie Brown’s campaign.
- He was elected as Mayor of San Francisco in 2003 and was the youngest Mayor in the city’s history of 100 years. Currently, he is serving in California as a Lieutenant Governor.
- He has an immense fan following on his social media platforms as well.
- His Instagram bio read is, “Husband and father. 40th Governor of California. 49th Lt. Governor of California and former SF Mayor”.