Thomas Westerman Wolf (born November 17, 1948) is an American politician and businessman who has served as the 47th Governor of Pennsylvania since January 20, 2015. a member of the Democratic Party, he defeated Republican incumbent Tom Corbett in the 2014 gubernatorial election and was re-elected in 2018 by a margin of 17.1%. Prior to his election as Governor, Wolf was the Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue from April 2007 to November 2008 and an executive in his family-owned business.
Tom Wolf Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Tom Wolf age is 71 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 9 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has blonde hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Tom Wolf Quick Facts
|Real Name||Thomas Westerman Wolf|
|Nick Name||Tom Wolf|
|Born||November 17, 1948|
|Age||71 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||47th Governor of Pennsylvania|
|Birthplace||Mount Wolf, Pennsylvania, U.S|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'8"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: William Trout Wolf
Mother: Late Cornelia Rohlman
|Spouse/ Wife||Frances Donnelly (m. 1975)|
|Education||1. Dartmouth College (BA)
2. University of London (MPhil)
3. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (PhD)
|Net Worth||Approx $20 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Tom Wolf Wife
- As of 2020, Tom Wolf is married with Frances Donnelly, since 1975.
- He met his wife, Frances, at school and married her in 1975.
- They have two adult daughters as well.
- His previous dating history is not known in public domain.
Tom Wolf Early Life & Education
- Wolf was born on November 17, 1948 in Mount Wolf, Pennsylvania, U.S.
- He holds American nationality and belongs to white ethnicity.
- His father name is William Trout Wolf, a business executive and mother name was late Cornelia Rohlman.
- He was raised Methodist but is now affiliated with the Episcopal Church.
- As per his education, Wolf graduated from The Hill School, a boarding school in Pottstown, Pennsylvania, in 1967.
- He went on to receive a B.A. in government, magna cum laude, from Dartmouth College in 1972, an M.Phil. from the University of London in 1978, and a Ph.D. in political science from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 1981.
- While a student at Dartmouth, Wolf joined the Peace Corps and spent two years in India.
- After earning his Ph.D., his dissertation on the United States House of Representatives was named the best of 1981 by the American Political Science Association.
- Wolf turned down an opportunity to interview for a tenure-track faculty position at Harvard University to begin his career at The Wolf Organization as manager of a True Value store owned by the company.
Tom Wolf Career
- As per his career, he purchased The Wolf Organization in 1985 with two partners.
- During the administration of Governor Robert P. Casey, Wolf served on an economic development board and on the Pennsylvania Legislative Commission on Urban Schools.
- After selling his company to a private equity firm in 2006, Wolf was nominated in January 2007 by then-Governor Ed Rendell to be the Secretary of Revenue of Pennsylvania.
- He served in that position on Rendell’s cabinet from his April 2007 confirmation by the Pennsylvania State Senate until resigning in November 2008.
- He had planned to run for Governor of Pennsylvania in the 2010 election, but ultimately did not in order to repurchase the Wolf Organization, which was facing bankruptcy.
- Wolf continued to serve as an executive in The Wolf Organization until his election as governor.
- He served as chairman and chief executive officer until stepping down from the latter position in December 2013 to focus on his gubernatorial campaign and from the board altogether in December 2014 following his election.
- He is the first Pennsylvania governor to win election twice while losing both times in his home county.
Tom Wolf Salary & Net Worth
- As of 2020, Tom Wolf salary is estimated around $194,850.
- Gov. Tom Wolf and first lady Frances Wolf had earnings in 2015 that topped $4.5 million and a governor’s spokesman said they gave nearly a third of that away to charities.
- The couple’s earnings included his $201,319 income from his statutorily provided gubernatorial salary, which he has chosen to donate to the State Employee Combined Appeal, a charitable-giving campaign run in state offices.
- He also received $32,044 last year as a final payment of income earned in 2014 from the Wolf Organization.
- Frances Wolf had $12,386 in business income that contributed to the couple’s earnings for the year.
Facts about Tom Wolf
- Wolf assumed office as the 47th Governor of Pennsylvania upon the expiration of Corbett’s term on January 20, 2015, with the inaugural ceremony occurring in front of the Pennsylvania State Capitol in Harrisburg.
- He opted not to move into the Pennsylvania Governor’s Residence, instead commuting from his home in York.