John Kevin Stitt (born December 28, 1972) is a well known and classy American businessman and politician serving as the 28th Governor of Oklahoma since January 2019. Other than this, he founded and is a former chairman and CEO of Gateway Mortgage Group. A Republican, he was elected governor in 2018, defeating Democratic nominee and former Oklahoma Attorney General Drew Edmondson. Stitt grew up in Norman, Oklahoma, and graduated from Oklahoma State University with a degree in accounting. He and his wife Sarah have six children. A member of the Cherokee Nation, Stitt is the second Native American to serve as governor of Oklahoma after Johnston Murray.
Kevin Stitt Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Kevin Stitt age is 47 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 8 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has dark brown hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Kevin Stitt Quick Facts
|Real Name||John Kevin Stitt|
|Nick Name||Kevin Stitt|
|Born||December 28, 1972|
|Age||47 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||28th Governor of Oklahoma|
|Birthplace||Milton, Florida, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'8"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Spouse/ Wife||Sarah Hazen (m. 1998)|
|Education||Oklahoma State University–Stillwater (BS)|
|Net Worth||Approx $20 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Twitter, Facebook|
Kevin Stitt Wife
- As of 2020, Kevin Stitt relationship statu is married.
- Stitt married Sarah Hazen in 1998.
- In fact, couple is also blessed with six children.
- Stitt and his wife are active in their church in Tulsa, Woodlake Church.
Kevin Stitt Early Life & Education
- Stitt was born on December 28, 1972 in Milton, Florida.
- He spent early years in Wayne, Oklahoma.
- He later moved to Norman, Oklahoma, where his father was the pastor of Riverside Church.
- As per his education, he graduated from Norman High School and went on to attend Oklahoma State University, where he received a degree in accounting. While a student at OSU, Stitt worked to pay his way through college by selling educational products door-to-door with Southwestern Advantage.
- He was the first person in the company’s 115-year history to achieve the top sales as a first-year sales person.
- Stitt is also a member of the Gamma Lambda chapter of the Beta Theta Pi fraternity.
Kevin Stitt Career
- In 2000, Stitt worked in the financial services sector before starting Gateway.
- He founded the company and was president and CEO until January 2014 when he became chairman-CEO.
- On the campaign trail, Stitt says that he started Gateway in 2000 with “$1,000 and a computer.”
- Stitt’s first obstacle was to get approved as a Federal Housing Administration (FHA) lender, but the company needed a net worth of $50,000.
- To achieve this amount, Stitt put forward the equity in his home to grow Gateway.
- In 2002, Gateway secured its first warehouse line, began obtaining licensing in other states besides Oklahoma, and started recruiting loan officers.
- By 2006, Gateway had over 400 employees.
- In 2009, Gateway was listed in a Business Insider article as one of the fifteen shadiest lenders in the government-backed mortgage industry.
- Stitt was inaugurated on January 14, 2019, at the Oklahoma State Capitol.
- On February 13, 2020, Secretary of Human Services Steven Buck announced his intention to step down from his position in order to become the head of trade association representing long-term care health providers.
Kevin Stitt Salary & Net Worth
- As of 2020, Kevin Stitt salary is estimated around $147,000.
- His primary source of income is his political career.
- The salary of Oklahoma’s chief justice ranked 31st among U.S. chief justices’ salaries.
- The average salary earned by U.S. chief justices was $155,230.
- The median salary earned by U.S. chief justices was $151,284.
- As of 2010, the salaries of Oklahoma’s associate justices ranked 35th among U.S. associate justices’ salaries.
- The average salary earned by U.S. associate justices was $151,142.
- The median salary earned by U.S. associate justices was $145,984.
Facts about Kevin Stitt
- He is a citizen of the Cherokee Nation as a descendant of his great-grandfather, Robert Benton Dawson.
- Dawson was given land in the Skiatook area because of his tribal citizenship, and the land is still in the family, now owned by an uncle of Stitt’s.
- Kevin Stitt’s maternal grandparents were dairy farmers in Skiatook.
- Stitt’s paternal grandfather was formerly the head veterinarian at the Oklahoma City Stockyards.