Henry Dargan McMaster (born May 27, 1947) is an American politician, attorney and member of the Republican Party, who is the 117th Governor of South Carolina, in office since January 24, 2017. He is graduated from the University of South Carolina with a bachelor’s in history in 1969, and from the University of South Carolina School of Law with a Juris Doctor in 1973.
Henry McMaster Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Henry McMaster age is 72 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 8 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has blonde hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Henry McMaster Quick Facts
|Real Name||Henry Dargan McMaster|
|Nick Name||Henry McMaster|
|Born||May 27, 1947|
|Age||72 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||117th Governor of South Carolina|
|Birthplace||Columbia, South Carolina, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'8"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: John Gregg
Mother: Ida Dargan
|Spouse/ Wife||Peggy Anderson (m. 1978)|
|Education||University of South Carolina (BA, JD)|
|Net Worth||Approx $20 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Twitter, Facebook|
Henry McMaster Wife
- As of 2020, Henry McMaster is married with Peggy Anderson since, 1978.
- McMaster and his wife own several houses and several rental apartments in the Columbia area of South Carolina.
- One home under the McMasters’ ownership is the McCord House, which was constructed in 1849 and was used as a Union headquarters during the Civil War.
- In 2016, McMaster’s tax returns indicated that he received $7.7 million through rent on such houses and apartments between 2006 and 2015.
- He paid a little over $500,000 for upkeep, maintenance, and cleaning.
- Additionally, McMaster reportedly has paid over $16,000 in fines for ordinance violations.
Henry McMaster Early Life & Education
- McMaster was born on May 27, 1947, in Columbia, South Carolina.
- He is the eldest son of John Gregg and Ida Dargan (Pet) McMaster.
- He received a bachelor’s degree in history from the University of South Carolina in 1969.
- As per his education, as an undergraduate, he was a member of Kappa Alpha Order and the South Carolina Student Legislature.
- In 1973, he graduated from the University of South Carolina School of Law where he served on the Editorial Board of the South Carolina Law Review.
- Later that year, he was admitted to the Richland County Bar Association of the South Carolina Bar.
- He served in the United States Army Reserves, receiving his honorable discharge in 1975.
Henry McMaster Career
- On May 8, 1993, McMaster was elected Chairman of the South Carolina Republican Party.
- He was subsequently re-elected by the State Republican Convention in 1996, 1998 and 2000.
- In this capacity, he also served as a member of the Republican National Committee from 1993 until 2002.
- Under McMaster’s chairmanship, the Republican Party captured the Governorship, several statewide offices and the State House of Representatives in 1994, and finally captured control of the powerful State Senate in 2000.
- Under McMaster, the South Carolina GOP also ran highly contentious and successful presidential primaries in 1996 and 2000.
- On March 28, 2002, McMaster announced his resignation as party chairman so that he run for Attorney General in 2002.
Henry McMaster Salary & Net Worth
- As of 2020, Henry McMaster salary is estimated around $106,078.
- His net worth is estima
- South Carolina’s first family’s income has ranged widely growing to more than $400,000 in 2015 from losses of more than $120,000 in 2000.
- During that time, S.C. Gov. Henry McMaster and his wife, Peggy, reported about $3.4 million in income.
- About $1.7 million of that income came from 16 rental properties around the University of South Carolina campus and other businesses, including a beach house on Pawleys Island that the family rents out.
- McMaster allowed reporters to review but not copy 16 years of tax returns Thursday at the request of The State.
- The media company requested the McMasters’ tax returns after the state grand jury last week accused another Richland County Republican, state Sen.
- John Courson, of funneling money to himself through a political consulting firm that also long has advised the governor.
Facts about Henry McMaster
- McMaster, like most governors during the 2020 COVID outbreak, declared a state of emergency and closed schools and nonessential businesses within the state.
- Additionally, he issued a home or work order, which is essentially a stay-at-home order by a different name.
- On April 20, 2020, McMaster drew criticism for reopening beaches and retail stores five days after South Carolina experienced its highest number of new positive COVID-19 tests, but McMaster did implement additional social distancing requirements in his executive order.
- He noted that the economy was stalled because of Coronavirus and that he anticipated having the economy “humming” by June 2020.