William Byron Lee (born October 9, 1959) is a well known American businessman and politician serving as the 50th and current governor of Tennessee. Elected in 2018, Lee campaigned as a business-oriented member of the Republican Party. Before entering politics he held various positions at the Lee Company, an inherited family business; he was the company’s president and CEO from 1992 to 2016.
Bill Lee Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Bill Lee age is 60 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 8 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has blonde hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Bill Lee Quick Facts
|Real Name||William Byron Lee|
|Nick Name||Bill Lee|
|Born||October 9, 1959|
|Age||60 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||50th and current governor of Tennessee|
|Birthplace||Franklin, Tennessee, U.S|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'8"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Spouse/ Wife||1. Carol Ann Lee
(m. 1984; died 2000)
2. Maria Lee (m. 2008)
|Education||Auburn University (BS)|
|Net Worth||Approx $20 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Bill Lee Wife
- As of 2020, Bill Lee is married with Maria Lee, since 2008.
- Lee lives in Fernvale with his second wife, Maria, whom he married in 2008.
- His first wife, Carol Ann, died in 2000 in a horseback riding accident.
- After her death, Lee took extended time off from his construction company to raise his four children.
- Lee attends Grace Chapel Church in Leiper’s Fork.
- Lee previously served as a member of the board of trustees of Belmont University, chairman of the YMCA of Middle Tennessee, president of the Associated Builders and Contractors, and a board member of the Hope Clinic for Women and the Men of Valor Prison Ministry.
Bill Lee Early Life & Education
- Bill Lee was born on October 9, 1959, in Franklin, Tennessee, U.S.
- Lee was raised on his family’s 1,000-acre cattle farm started by his grandparents in Franklin, Tennessee, the Triple L Ranch, the family raises Hereford cattle.
- As per his education, after graduating from Franklin High School in his hometown.
- Lee entered Auburn University in Auburn, Alabama in 1977 and graduated in 1981 with a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering.
- In college, Lee was a member of the Kappa Alpha Order.
- Lee was named president and CEO of his family’s home-services and construction company, Lee Company, holding the position from 1992 until 2016.
- He briefly served as chairman.
Bill Lee Career
- In April 2017 Lee announced his candidacy the 2018 election for governor of Tennessee.
- He also targeted pro-business Republicans.
- Originally considered a longshot, Lee rose in the polls as Boyd and Black launched negative advertising against each other.
- Lee previously chaired and served on the committee of the Tennessee Prayer Breakfast.
- He was sworn in on January 19, 2019.
- As governor, Lee has rejected proposals to expand TennCare, the state’s Medicaid program.
- On January 3, 2020, Lee visited Elizabethton to announce a $1 million grant to the Elizabethton TCAT.
Bill Lee Salary & Net Worth
- As of 2020, Bill Lee net worth is estimated around $194,112.
- His primary source of income is his political career.
Facts about Bill Lee
- Lee signed into law a school voucher program that provides public funds to families so they can send their kids to private schools, effective at the beginning of the 2020–21 fiscal year.
- On July 2, Lee signed into law House Bill 1158, a school safety bill that calls for school districts across the state to establish a threat assessment team.
- Lee visited Lauderdale County in West Tennessee on July 17, to see how recent flooding from the remnants of Hurricane Barry had affected the community.