Stephen Clark Bullock (born April 11, 1966) is an American politician, lawyer, and former professor serving as the 24th and current Governor of Montana since 2013. He is a member of the Democratic Party.
Steve Bullock Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Steve Bullock age is 54 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 7 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has brown hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Steve Bullock Quick Facts
|Real Name||Stephen Clark Bullock|
|Nick Name||Steve Bullock|
|Born||April 11, 1966|
|Age||54 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||24th and current Governor of Montana|
|Birthplace||Missoula, Montana, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'7"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Mike Bullock
Mother: Penny Clark
|Spouse/ Wife||Lisa Downs (m. 1999)|
|Education||1. Claremont McKenna College (BA)
2. Columbia University (JD)
|Net Worth||Approx $1 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Steve Bullock Wife
- As of 2020, Steve Bullock is married with Lisa Downs, since 1999.
- Couple is also blessed with three beautiful children.
Steve Bullock Early Life & Education
- Bullock was born on April 11, 1966 in Missoula, Montana, U.S.
- He raised in Helena, the state capital.
- He is the son of Penny Clark, a school board trustee, and Mike Bullock, a teacher and administrator.
- As per his education, he graduated from Helena High School in 1984.
- His parents divorced when he was in grade school.
- Bullock received his B.A. degree in Politics, Philosophy, and Economics from Claremont McKenna College and his J.D. degree with honors from Columbia Law School in New York.
Steve Bullock Career
- As per his career, in 1996, Bullock served as chief legal counsel to Montana Secretary of State Mike Cooney.
- He went on to work for four years with the Montana Department of Justice under Attorney General Joe Mazurek, first as executive assistant attorney general, and later as acting chief deputy (1997–2001).
- During this time, he also served as legislative director, coordinating the Attorney General’s legislative efforts. As an Assistant Attorney General, Bullock wrote the landmark opinion that guaranteed public access to streams and rivers.
- He was unsuccessful in his first race for Montana Attorney General, losing in the 2000 Democratic primary to Mike McGrath, who went on to be elected Attorney General that year and currently serves as Chief Justice of the Montana Supreme Court.
- Bullock practiced law in Washington, D.C., with Steptoe & Johnson, where he served as an adjunct professor at George Washington University Law School.
- He returned to Montana in 2004, working in private practice in Helena where he represented individuals, consumer organizations, labor unions, peace officers, associations of political subdivisions, as well as small and large businesses.
- Bullock announced on September 7, 2011, that he would be a candidate for the Democratic nomination for Governor of Montana in 2012.
- In 2017 Bullock formed the Big Sky Values PAC, which by spring 2019 had raised nearly $1.8 million, to pay for travel around the United States.
- On May 14, 2019, Bullock announced his candidacy for the 2020 presidential election.
Net Worth of Steve Bullock
- As of 2020, Steve Bullock net worth is estimated around $1 million USD.
- His primary source of income is his political career.
- According to financial-disclosure records he filed after becoming a presidential candidate in May, Bullock and his wife, Lisa, have a net worth ranging from $1 million to $2.4 million.
- Financial-disclosure forms require federal candidates to list their assets within a range of values.
- Forbes Magazine reported on the net worth of all two dozen Democratic presidential candidates, and listed Bullock at $1.5 million — 14th out of the candidates.
- Most of Bullock’s wealth is in retirement accounts, which are invested in a range of mutual funds.
- He and his wife also own residential and commercial real estate in Helena, including the Herrmann & Co. Furniture building near downtown
Facts about Steve Bullock
- Bullock criticized Steyer and the Democratic National Committee debate rules, saying Steyer has been able to “buy a spot on the debate stage” next month.
- Bullock said Steyer spent $10 million to gin up at least 130,000 donors — one of the two thresholds candidates must meet to qualify for the debate next month. Bullock has yet to qualify.
- “Grassroots support and elections are about people talking to people, not billionaires being able to spend a whole lot of money to buy Facebook ads,” he said in a statement.
- The net worth of other prominent Democratic candidates, as reported by Forbes, includes Elizabeth Warren at $12 million, Joe Biden at $9 million and Bernie Sanders at $2.5 million.
- The candidate with the lowest net worth was South Bend, Indian, Mayor Pete Buttigieg, with a net worth of $100,000.
- He’s also the youngest candidate, at age 37.
- Forbes listed President Trump’s net worth at $3.1 billion.