John Peter Ricketts (born August 19, 1964) is an American politician and businessman serving as the 40th Governor of Nebraska since 2015. He is a member of the Republican Party.
Pete Ricketts Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Pete Ricketts age is 55 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 7 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has brown hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Pete Ricketts Quick Facts
|Real Name||John Peter Ricketts|
|Nick Name||Pete Ricketts|
|Born||August 19, 1964|
|Age||55 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||40th Governor of Nebraska since 2015|
|Birthplace||Nebraska City, Nebraska, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'7"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Marlene Ricketts
|Spouse/ Wife||Susanne Shore (m. 1997)|
|Children||(3) Roscoe, Margot, and Eleanor|
|Education||University of Chicago (BA, MBA)|
|Net Worth||Approx $60 million - $70 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
|Awards||2016 World Series champion|
Pete Ricketts Wife
- As of 2020, Pete Ricketts married with Susanne Shore.
- In 1997, Ricketts married Susanne Shore.
- A native of Garden City, Kansas, Shore had grown up in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and earned a bachelor’s degree in English and then an MBA from Oklahoma State University.
- After a stint working for the dean of students at the University of South Dakota, she had come to Omaha in order to complete a one-year course in nursing at Creighton University.
- At the time of her marriage to Ricketts, she was working as a nurse at St. Joseph’s Hospital in Omaha.
- Ricketts and Shore is blessed with three children, named, Roscoe, Margot, and Eleanor.
- Currently, couple is residing in Government’s mansion.
Pete Ricketts Early Life & Education
- Ricketts was born on August 19, 1964 in Nebraska City, Nebraska, U.S.
- He is a Roman Catholic.
- He is the oldest of four children of Joe and Marlene Ricketts.
- Joe Ricketts was a businessman and professionally Marlene, a teacher.
- The family moved to Omaha, where in 1975 Joe founded First Omaha Securities, one of the first discount stockbrokers in the United States.
- The company prospered, changing its name to Ameritrade, going public in 1997, and changing its name to TD Ameritrade after acquiring TD Waterhouse in 2006.
- Ricketts and his siblings, Tom, Laura, and Todd, all attended Westside High School in Omaha, from which Ricketts graduated in 1982.
- As per his education, he attended the University of Chicago, receiving a BA in biology in 1986 and an MBA in marketing and finance in 1991.
Pete Ricketts Career
- As per his career, after completing graduate school, Ricketts returned to Omaha.
- He worked for the Union Pacific Railroad for a year, then as a salesman for a Chicago environmental consultant.
- In 1993, he went to work for his father’s business, initially in the call center for a few months, and subsequently appointed by his father to a number of executive positions, ultimately becoming the company’s chief operating officer during his father’s tenure as CEO.
- In a 2006 report, he stated that his net worth was between $45 million and $50 million.
- He co-founded, and became director and president of the Platte Institute for Economic Research, which he described as a “free market think tank”, in 2007.
- He is a member of the Knights of Columbus and a Knight of the Holy Sepulchre.
Net Worth of Pete Ricketts
- As of 2020, he stated that his net worth is between $60 million and $70 million.
- In 1995 Joe Ricketts merged his Nebraska-based discount stock brokerage with a small online trading firm to form Ameritrade, and took it public two years later.
- In 2006, Ricketts led Ameritrade to acquire TD Waterhouse for $1.7 billion, and renamed the company TD Ameritrade.
- Ricketts stepped down as chairman in 2008 and he and his family own just under 12% of the company and his son Todd sits on the board.
- His son Peter was elected governor of Nebraska in 2014.
- The family owns the vast majority of the Chicago Cubs baseball team, which sold equity in 2014 to raise $150 million for renovations to its Wrigley Field stadium.
- The sale valued the Cubs at an all-time high of $1.8 billion.
- In addition, the Ricketts family owns an estimated 25% stake in TV network CSN Chicago.
Awards & Honors
- 2016 World Series champion – as part owner of the Chicago Cubs.
- St. Cloud, MN Honorary Chairman Bald Headed Men’s Club.
Facts about Pete Ricketts
- He is an avid supporter of the death penalty.
- He opposes legalization of medicinal marijuana.
- Ricketts was inaugurated as the 40th governor of Nebraska at the Nebraska State Capitol on January 8, 2015.
- In the 2014 election, Ricketts ran for the Nebraska governorship.
- He announced his re-election bid for the 2018 election.
- One of the signers of the statement, Laura Ebke, changed her registration from Republican to Libertarian shortly thereafter, citing Ricketts’s speech as one of the factors that drove her to make the change