Regis Philbin was an American media personality, actor, and singer who rose to prominence for hosting talk and game shows since the 1960s. He is best known for hosting Live! With Regis and Kathie Lee. Live! and the game show Who Wants to be a Millionaire? He was also the host on the first season of America’s Got Talent. He passed away on Friday, 24 July 2020 at the age of 88 of natural causes. Tune in bio!
Regis Philbin Age, Height & Weight
How old was Regis Philbin at the time of death? He was 88-years old at the time of death. He was born on August 25, 1931 in the Bronx, New York City. How tall was Regis? He had a height of 5 feet 5 inches tall and weighs around 50 Kg or 110 lbs.
Regis Philbin Death Cause
Philbin passed away on Friday, 24 July 2020 at the age of 88 of natural causes , one month shy of his 89th birthday. Moreover, his family members thank his fans and admirers for their incredible support over his 60-year career and ask for privacy as they mourn his loss.
“We are deeply saddened to share that our beloved Regis Philbin passed away last night of natural causes, one month shy of his 89th birthday,” his family shared. “His family and friends are forever grateful for the time we got to spend with him – for his warmth, his legendary sense of humor, and his singular ability to make every day into something worth talking about. We thank his fans and admirers for their incredible support over his 60-year career .” Sending love and strength to his family and friends.
Regis Philbin Wife and Children
In 1957, he tied knot to Catherine Faylen. Later, in 1968, they got separated. Then, he married Joy Philbin on March 1, 1970. He was also blessed with four children. Three of his daughters named, JJ, Joanna and Amy and a son named Danny.
Regis Philbin Family
His father name was Francis, a U.S. Marine and mother named, Filomena Florence. He belongs to mixed ethnicity. His father was of Irish heritage and mother was from an Italian immigrant family of Arbëreshë descent from Greci, Campania. As of education, he attended the prestigious Regis High School. Later, he attended University of Notre Dame, from which he graduated in 1953 with a sociology degree.
Regis Philbin Brother
It was long believed that Philbin was an only child, but on the February 1, 2007 broadcast of Live with Regis and Kelly, Philbin announced that he did have a brother, Frank M. Philbin (March 1, 1951 – January 27, 2007), who had died from non-Hodgkin lymphoma several days earlier. Philbin said his brother, 20 years younger than him, had asked not to be mentioned on television or in the press.
Regis Philbin Career
Initially, after finishing up his graduation, he served in the United States Navy as a supply officer, then went through a few behind-the-scenes jobs in television and radio before moving into the broadcasting arena. He hosted many shows like, Million Dollar Password, Daytime Emmy Awards, Late Show With David Letterman, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire, first season of America’s Got Talent in 2006 and many more. In addition, he also appeared in the sitcoms Spin City, Seinfeld, How I Met Your Mother, Hope & Faith and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.
Regis Philbin Net Worth
How much was the net worth of Regis Philbin? His worth was estimated around $150 million.
Regis Philbin Wiki
|Real Name||Regis Francis Xavier Philbin|
|Nick Name||Regis Philbin|
|Age||88 years old (Died)|
|Birthday||August 25, 1931|
|Profession||TV presenter, talk
show host, game show host, actor, singer, author
|Birthplace||The Bronx, NY|
|Height/ Tall||Feet & Inches: 5'5"
Centimetres: 165 cm
Meters: 1.65 m
|Weight||Kilograms: 50 Kg
Pounds: 110 lbs
|Approx 39-30-36 inches|
|Biceps Size||Not Known|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||7 (US)|
|Net Worth||Approx U.S. $150 million|
|Sponsor Earnings||Not Known|
|Parents||Father: Francis Philbin
Mother: Filomena Philbin
|Siblings||Brother: Frank M. Philbin (March 1,
1951 – January 27, 2007)
|Marital Status||Married (Twice)|
|Ex-Wife?||Catherine "Kay" Faylen
(m. 1955; div. 1968)
|Wife/ Spouse||Joy Senese (m. 1970-till death)|
|Daughter||JJ, Joanna and Amy|
|University||University of Notre Dame|
|School||Cardinal Hayes High School|
|Social Media Account|
|Social Media Account Link|
Regis Philbin Facts
- He gained his first network TV exposure in 1967 as Joey Bishop’s sidekick on The Joey Bishop Show.
- He was also an author and singer.
- His two autobiographies named are, I’m Only One Man! (1995) and Who Wants To Be Me? (2000).
- He had been married twice and had four children.
- He used to follows the professional sports world extensively, enjoying baseball as well as football.
- He was an avid fan of the New York Yankees and a proud supporter of the sports teams of his alma mater, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.
- He had an angioplasty in 1993.
- He he underwent triple bypass surgery at Weill Cornell Medical Center because of plaque in his arteries, in 2007.
- He was appeared as car salesman Handsome Hal on Kelly Ripa’s sitcom Hope & Faith.
- In the How I Met Your Mother Episode: “The Best Burger in New York”, Philbin guest-starred as himself.
- There are also pictures of Philbin displayed in the background of all the burger restaurants.
- He is seen in the Brooklyn Nine Nine Episode ‘48 Hours’, where Jake shows a number if pictures of himself with Regis Philbin, as well as voicing the photos.