Kehlani Ashley Parrish (born April 24, 1995) is an American singer, songwriter, and dancer. Originally, she is from Oakland, California, where she achieved initial fame as a member of the teen group ‘Poplyfe’. Her mother was drug-addicted. She was first exposed to R&B while living with an aunt. After an injury paused her dance career, she began singing and ended up a finalist on “America’s Got Talent” with band Poplyfe in 2011. Four years later, Kehlani inked a deal with Atlantic Records. Other than this, she also appear on the cover of many reputed magazines like, Teen Vogue and many more.
Kehlani Net Worth 2021
- As of 2021, Kehlani Net Worth is estimated around $4 Million USD.
- Her primary source of income is her singing career.
- Her exact salary is not known in public domain.
- She also earns from her singing concerts and tickets.
- She also runs her own merchandise line named, kehlani.com, where she sells her own product line like T-shirts, Hoodies and other musical products as well.
|Net Worth||Approx $4 million |
(As of 2021)
|Endorsements||Approx $500 – $600|
Kehlani Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurements
- As of 2021, Kehlani age is 26 years old.
- She stands on a height of 5 feet 7 inches tall.
- She weighs around 65 Kg or 143 lbs.
- Her body measurements are 34-26-35 inches.
- She wears a bra size of 32 B.
- She wears a shoe size of 7 US.
- She has dark brown eyes and has black hair.
- She has curvaceous, seductive and hot figure.
- She is a fitness freak as well.
- As of Kehlani Sexuality, she calls herself that, she is not straight.
- She has publicly identified as queer and pansexual, which means she is sexually, romantically or emotionally attracted towards people regardless of their sex or gender identity.
- She refer to herself as gender-blind.
- In 2018, she clarified her sexuality on Twitter, stating, “I’m queer. Not bi, not straight. I’m attracted to women, men, REALLY attracted to queer men, non-binary people, intersex people, trans people. lil poly pansexual”.
- She also tweeted that she identified with the term queer over gay because gay “always insisted there was still a line drawn as to which ‘label’ of human i was attracted.”
|Real Name||Kehlani Ashley Parrish|
|Born||April 24, 1995|
|Age||25 years old (As of 2020)|
|Profession||Singer, songwriter, and dancer|
|Known For||finalist on "America's Got
Talent" with band Poplyfe in 2011
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'7"|
|Bra Cup Size||32 B|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||7 (US)|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known
Sister: Not Known
|Previous Dating?||1. Kyrie Irving
2. Shaina Negron
|Boyfriend/ Dating||Rapper YG|
|Education||Oakland School for the Arts|
|Favourite Color||Pink and Red|
|Favourite Cuisine||Fries, Thai Cuisine|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter|
Kehlani Boyfriend & Husband
- As of 2020, Kehlani is single and dating anyone.
- She recently broke with her Rapper boyfriend named, rapper YG.
- The duo went public with their romance in September 2019 when they attended New York Fashion Week together.
- In December 2019, Kehlani revealed on social media that she and YG had broken up.
- On a lovey-dovey song for Valentine’s Day, Kehlani put out a single later in February that hinted of another breakup.
- The reason behind the duo breakup is, he was cheating on her.
- As per her previous dating history, she dated NBA point guard Kyrie Irving, in 2016.
- Later, she posted pictures of her girlfriend, New Jersey artist Shaina Negron.
- Then in 2018, she dated Javaughn Young-White, who is her guitarist.
- On Instagram, Kehlani announced that she was pregnant with her first child, a girl, on October 12, 2018, with the father being Javaughn Young-White, who is her guitarist.
- On March 23, 2019, Kehlani gave birth to her daughter, Adeya Nomi Parrish YoungWhite at home!
- Other than her singing skills, she is also popular for her tattoos.
- Her known tattoos are which she inked on her body parts are, Coraline, Rocket, Mia Wallace and Vincent Vega dancing, Lauryn Hill, Frida Kahlo, a paper plane (which she plans to get removed), four dots under her eyes, a queen of hearts symbol, Espíritu Libre (which means “free spirit”), a longboard, a spider with a rose being pierced by a dagger, a succulent, clouds, “today is the best day ever”, a sleeve of a phoenix and roses, Betty Boop, La Dreamer, “tsunami” (logo label), a tigress, various symbols on her knuckles (which she plans to get removed), “have hope”, a sunflower, a broken skateboard, a seashell, “forgive yourself” in Arabic, a treble clef, an om symbol, “fluid”, and brass knuckles.
- She received a New Zealand Maori “Tāmoko” tattoo from a New Zealand artist, whom she flew from New Zealand to Sydney, Australia to complete the tattoo.
- Every tattoo on her body represents a new message and symbols.
Kehlani Born, Family & Education
- Kehlani Ashley Parrish was born on April 24, 1995, in Oakland, California.
- She belongs to mixed ethnicity of “Black, White, Native American, Filipino, and Mexican.”
- She holds American nationality.
- Her father was African-American and her mother has been described as “mostly White”.
- She was adopted and raised by her aunt.
- Her mother, who had a drug addiction, served time in prison.
- When was a toddler, Kehlani’s father, who also had a drug addiction and died.
- As per her educational qualifications, she attended the Oakland School for the Arts.
- When she joined her school, initially, she learned dance, particularly ballet and modern dance.
Kehlani in America’s Got Talent
- In 2011, her band PopLyfes auditioned for the sixth season of America’s Got Talent.
- Her band landed on the fourth position in the show.
- During their final appearance, judge Piers Morgan told Kehlani, “You’ve got real talent, but I don’t think you need the group.”
- Kehlani left PopLyfe, because of several managerial and contractual disputes, after the end of America’s Got Talent.
- As per her career, when she was 14, Kehlani was recruited to join a local pop cover band, PopLyfe.
- In 2014, she released her first commercial mixtape, Cloud 19.
- The mixtape was listed as one of the Complex’s “50 Best Albums of 2014.”
- In 2015, Hher second commercial mixtape, ‘You Should Be Here’, debuted at number 5 on the R&B/Hip-Hop chart.
- In 2016, she was nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Urban Contemporary Album for You Should Be Here.
- In 2017, Kehlani released her debut studio album, ‘SweetSexySavage’.
- In May 2020, she released her second studio album named, ‘It Was Good Until It Wasn’t’.
- Kehlani struggled a lot for her successful career.
- In 2012 and 2013, Kehlani was effectively homeless, moving from house to house and often sleeping on couches.
- To help with money and food, she decided to begin stealing iPhones to sell, and items from grocery stores for a short time.
- She is a vegan.
- The 25-year-old singer stuns on the cover of the May issue of the magazine as she recalls growing up knowing only single moms and absent fathers, with few examples of what a healthy relationship looks like.
- She is still friendly with her former lover and she doesn’t think their whirlwind romance was too fast.
- Mariah Carey is her favorite artist.
- Other than this, she has an immense fan following on her social media platforms.
- Kehlani has released a new song, “Altar,” from their next album, Blue Water Road, which is expected to arrive later this year.
- Kehlani did not share any additional details about, Blue Water Road, like an exact release date or tracklist. The album will follow their 2020 effort, It Was Good Until It Wasn’t.