Abilio James Acosta (born April 17, 1971) is an American journalist and the chief White House correspondent for CNN. Formerly, Acosta served as the national political correspondent for CNN. Other than this, he has an immense fan following on his social media platforms as well.
Jim Acosta Net Worth
- As of 2020, Jim Acosta net worth is estimated around $1- $2 million USD.
- His primary source of income is his journalism career.
- His exact salary is not known in public domain.
Jim Acosta Spouse
- As of 2020, Jim Acosta is single and divorced.
- He was married with his wife, Sharon Mobley Stow professionally, a registered nurse.
- Later, couple separated in 2017 after 24 years of marriage.
- They have also blessed with two daughters and a son.
Jim Acosta Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Jim Acosta age is 49 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 9 inches tall.
- He weighs around 67 Kg.
- He has dark brown eyes and has grey hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Jim Acosta Quick Facts
|Real Name||Abilio James Acosta|
|Born||April 17, 1971|
|Age||49 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||1. Chief White House
2. Correspondent for CNN
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'9"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Spouse/ Wife||Sharon Mobley Stow (m. 1994; div. 2017)|
|Education||James Madison University|
|Net Worth||Approx $1 Million - $2 Million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links|
Jim Acosta Early Life & Education
- Jim Acosta was born on April 17, 1971 in Washington, D.C.
- He holds American nationality.
- He belongs to white Caucasian ethnicity.
- As per his family information, his father arrived in the U.S. at age 11 as a refugee from Cuba three weeks prior to the Cuban Missile Crisis and was raised in Virginia.
- His mother is of Irish decent and Czech ancestry.
- As per his education, he graduated from Annandale High School, a public senior high in Annandale, Virginia, in 1989.
- He earned a bachelor’s degree in mass communication, with a minor in political science, from James Madison University, in 1993.
- While in school, Acosta volunteered for WXJM, the student-run radio station.
- At WSVA, he also worked as a reporter, a local radio station.
Jim Acosta Media Career
- As per his career, Acosta began his professional career in radio, and his first job was with WMAL in Washington, D.C.
- He left WMAL and entered television, working for Fox affiliate WTTG-TV as a desk assistant, in 1994.
- Later, in 1995 he moved in front of the camera, becoming a reporter and substitute anchor at NBC affiliate WBIR-TV in Knoxville, Tennessee, and remained in that job for three years.
- In April 2007, Acosta joined CNN.
- Later, in 2012, CNN promoted Acosta to the position of national political correspondent.
- In March 2016, Acosta traveled to Cuba to cover President Obama’s historic trip to the island.
- In 2018, he was promoted to chief White House correspondent.
Facts about Jim Acosta
- “Trump unloads on CNN journalist Jim Acosta: ‘You are a rude, terrible person'”.
- Jim Acosta Is the White House’s Favorite Reporter.
- Donald Trump calls CNN’s Jim Acosta ‘very unprofessional, once.
- Jim Challenges Sarah Huckabee Sanders.
- His Instagram bio read is, “CNN’s Chief White House Correspondent – I believe in #realnews – “The Enemy of the People: A Dangerous Time to Tell the Truth in America” on sale now.”