Jay Robert Inslee (born February 9, 1951) is a well known American lawyer and politician, who has served as the governor of Washington since 2013. A member of the Democratic Party, he served in the United States House of Representatives from 1993 to 1995 and from 1999 to 2012 and was a presidential candidate from March 1, 2019 to August 21, 2019 for the 2020 election. Other than this, he has an immense fan following on his social media platforms.
Jay Inslee Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Jay Inslee age is 69 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 9 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has blonde hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Jay Inslee Salary & Net Worth
- As of 2020, Jay Inslee salary is $183,072.
- Jay’s net worth ranges from $600 thousand to $1.5 million.
- He has good earning from his governor post.
- His primary source of income is his political career.
Jay Inslee Wife
- As of 2020, Jay Inslee wife is Trudi Inslee, since 1972.
- In fact, couple is also blessed with three children.
Jay Inslee Quick Facts
|Real Name||Jay Robert Inslee|
|Nick Name||Jay Inslee|
|Born||February 9, 1951|
|Age||69 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||23rd Governor of Washington|
|Birthplace||Seattle, Washington, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'9"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Spouse/ Wife||Trudi Inslee (m. 1972)|
|Education||1. Stanford University
2. University of Washington (BA)
3. Willamette University (JD)
|Net Worth||Approx $600 thousand to $1.5 million (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Jay Inslee Early Life & Education
- Jay Robert Inslee was born February 9, 1951 in Seattle, Washington, the oldest of three sons of Adele.
- His mother worked as a sales clerk at Sears.
- His father was a well-known high school counselor and football coach, teaching at Tenino High School, Garfield High School and Chief Sealth High School.
- Later, Frank Inslee became the athletic director for Seattle Public Schools.
- Inslee is a fifth-generation Washingtonian.
- Inslee describes his family as being of English and Welsh descent.
- As per his education, Inslee attended Seattle’s Ingraham High School, where he was an honor-roll student and star athlete, graduating in 1969.
- He played center on his high school basketball team, leading them to a state championship title his senior year, and was also the starting quarterback on his football team.
- He graduated from the University of Washington and Willamette University College of Law.
- Since childhood, Inslee’s interest in environmental issues.
Jay Inslee Career
- As per his career, he served in the Washington House of Representatives from 1989 to 1993.
- In 1992, Inslee was elected to represent Washington’s 4th congressional district, based around Central Washington, in the U.S. House of Representatives.
- Defeated for reelection in 1994, Inslee briefly returned to private legal practice.
- He made his first run for governor of Washington in 1996, coming in fifth in the blanket primary ahead of the general election, which was won by Democrat Gary Locke.
- Inslee then served as regional director for the United States Department of Health and Human Services under President Bill Clinton.
- He returned to the U.S. House of Representatives in 1999, this time for Washington’s 1st congressional district.
- The new district included Seattle’s northern suburbs in King County, Snohomish County, and Kitsap County.
- He was reelected six times before announcing that he would make another run for the governorship in the 2012 election.
- He resigned from Congress to focus on his campaign.
- He defeated Republican Rob McKenna, the Attorney General of Washington.
- Inslee was reelected to a second term in 2016, defeating Republican Seattle Port Commissioner Bill Bryant, 54% to 46%. Inslee served as chair of the Democratic Governors Association for the 2018 election cycle.
- As governor, Inslee has emphasized climate change, education and drug policy reform.
- He has garnered national attention for his critiques of President Donald Trump.
- Inslee, State Attorney General Bob Ferguson and State Solicitor General Noah Purcell sued the Trump Administration over Executive Order 13769, which halted travel for 90 days from seven Muslim-majority countries and imposed a total ban on Syrian refugees entering the United States.
- The case, Washington v. Trump, led to the order being blocked by the courts, and other executive orders later superseded it.
- Inslee was a candidate for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States in the 2020 election, launching his campaign on March 1, 2019.
- He suspended his campaign on August 21, citing extremely low poll numbers.
- The next day, Inslee announced his intention to seek a third term as governor in the 2020 election.
Facts about Jay Inslee
- He lost his bid for reelection in the Republican Revolution of 1994 in a rematch against his 1992 opponent, Doc Hastings.
- Inslee attributed his 1994 defeat in large part to his vote for the Federal Assault Weapons Ban.
- On March 20, 2012, Inslee left Congress to focus on his campaign for governor of Washington.