Roy Asberry Cooper III (born June 13, 1957) is a well known American politician and attorney who has served as the 75th Governor of North Carolina since January 1, 2017. Cooper had previously served as the elected Attorney General of North Carolina since 2001. Prior to that, he served in the General Assembly in both the North Carolina House of Representatives and the North Carolina Senate.
Roy Cooper Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Roy Cooper age is 62 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 7 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has blonde hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Roy Cooper Quick Facts
|Real Name||Roy Asberry Cooper III|
|Nick Name||Roy Cooper|
|Born||June 13, 1957|
|Age||62 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||75th Governor of North Carolina|
|Birthplace||Nashville, North Carolina, U.S|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'7"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Spouse/ Wife||Kristin Bernhardt|
|Children||(3) Natalie Cooper, Claire Cooper, Hilary Cooper|
|Education||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (BA, JD)|
|Net Worth||Approx $12 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Facebook, Twitter|
Roy Cooper Wife
- As of 2020, Roy Cooper is married with Kristin Bernhardt.
- Roy Cooper is married to Kristin Cooper, who worked as a guardian ad litem for foster children in Wake County.
- The couple has three daughters named, Natalie Cooper, Claire Cooper, Hilary Cooper who all graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- They reside in the Executive Mansion. Cooper has taught Sunday school classes, serving as a deacon and elder.
Roy Cooper Early Life & Education
- Roy Asberry Cooper III was born on June 13, 1957 in Nashville, North Carolina to Beverly Batchelor and Roy Asberry Cooper II.
- His mother was a teacher and his father was a lawyer.
- He attended public school and worked on his parents’ tobacco farm during summer.
- As per his education, he graduated from Northern Nash Senior High School in 1975.
- He received the Morehead Scholarship at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill for his undergraduate studies.
- He was elected as the president of the university’s Young Democrats.
- He also earned a Juris Doctor degree from the University of North Carolina School of Law in 1982.
Roy Cooper Career
- As per his career, Cooper was elected to the North Carolina House of Representatives in 1986.
- He was appointed to the North Carolina Senate in 1991 to fill a remaining term of a seat that was vacated.
- In 1997, he was elected as Democratic Majority Leader of the state Senate.
- He continued to practice law as the managing partner of the law firm Fields & Cooper in Rocky Mount and Nashville, North Carolina.
- He was re-elected for a second four-year term in 2004.
- He was easily re-elected, defeating Republican Bob Crumley and garnering more votes than any other statewide candidate in the 2008 Attorney General election.
- In 2012 politicians suggested him as a possible candidate for Governor of North Carolina after incumbent Governor Bev Perdue announced her retirement, but Cooper declined to run.
- In the 2016 election against incumbent Republican Pat McCrory, Cooper ran for Governor of North Carolina.
- Cooper officially announced his run for re-election to a second term, on December 5, 2019.
Net Worth of Roy Cooper
- As of 2020, Roy Cooper net worth is estimated around $12 million including all properties and salaries.
- It’s been almost 2 decades since he consumed the charge of North Carolina Governor.
- Apart from this he has worked as an attorney who practiced at leading law firm along with his father.
Facts about Roy Cooper
- He can’t live without certain useful iPhone apps such as Find My iPhone, Fitbit and Golf Clash.
- His usual day starts with exercising and feed his animals including a dog and three cats.
- Roy is a time punctual man and he save lots of time by shaving and reading books at the same time.
- Determination is the most important thing which makes him successful at job.
- Cooper suggests that everyone should visit public school in North Carolina.
- He is the kind of person who gets starstruck only if person is a public school teacher rather than a celebrity.