Douglas James Burgum (born August 1, 1956) is an American entrepreneur, philanthropist and politician serving as the 33rd governor of North Dakota since December 15, 2016. He is a member of the Republican Party
Doug Burgum Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020,Doug Burgum age is 63 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 8 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has blonde hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Doug Burgum Wife
- As of 2020, Doug Burgum is married with Kathryn Helgaas, since 2016.
- Burgum married his first wife, Karen Stoker, in 1991.
- They have three children and divorced in 2003.
- In 2016, Burgum married Kathryn Helgaas
Doug Burgum Quick Facts
|Real Name||Douglas James Burgum|
|Nick Name||Doug Burgum|
|Born||August 1, 1956|
|Age||63 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||33rd governor of North Dakota|
|Birthplace||Yellow Springs, Ohio, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'8"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Spouse/ Wife||1. Karen Stoker
(m. 1991; div. 2003)
2. Kathryn Helgaas (m. 2016)
|Education||1. North Dakota State University
2. Stanford University (MBA)
|Net Worth||Approx $1.1 billion USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Twitter, Facebook|
Doug Burgum Early Life & Education
- Burgum was born on August 1, 1956 and raised in Arthur, North Dakota, where his grandfather founded a grain elevator in 1906.
- As per his education, he attended North Dakota State University to earn his undergraduate degree in 1978.
- During his senior year at NDSU he applied to the Stanford University Graduate School of Business.
- He received his MBA from Stanford University Graduate School of Business in 1980.
- He later received honorary doctorates from North Dakota State in 2000 and from the University of Mary in 2006.
Doug Burgum Career
- In 2016, Burgum announced his intent to run for governor of North Dakota as a Republican.
- In August 2019, a spokesman for Burgum announced that he was leaning toward a 2020 reelection bid.
- Burgum was sworn in as the 33rd governor of North Dakota on December 15, 2016, alongside running mate Brent Sanford, the 38th lieutenant governor of North Dakota.
- Burgum supports the proposed Dakota Access Pipeline.
Net Worth of Doug Burgum
- As of 2020, Doug Burgum net worth is estimated around $1.1 billion.
- He grew the company to about 250 employees by 1989 and led the company to about $300 million in annual sales and a 1997 IPO, after using the Internet to help it expand beyond North Dakota.
- In 2001 he sold Great Plains Software to Microsoft for $1.1 billion.
- In 1997 Great Plains went public, and in 2001 it was sold to Microsoft for $1.1 billion. Burgum later was an early investor in SuccessFactors, which sold to SAP for $3.4 billion in 2012, and Atlassian, a Sydney, Australia cloud software company that went public on the Nasdaq in 2015. Burgum served as Atlassian’s chairman before stepping down to run for governor in 2016.
Facts about Doug Burgum
- In 2001, he donated a refurbished school building he had acquired in 2000 to North Dakota State University.
- It was named Renaissance Hall and became home to the university’s visual arts department, major components of the architecture and landscape architecture department and the Tri-College University office.
- In 2008 Burgum started the Doug Burgum Family Fund, which focuses its charitable giving on youth, education and health.