Michelle Lynn Lujan Grisham (/ˈluːhɑːn ˈɡrɪʃəm/; born October 24, 1959) is an American lawyer and politician serving as the 32nd Governor of New Mexico. She previously represented New Mexico’s 1st congressional district in the United States House of Representatives from 2013 to 2018. On November 6, 2018, she became the first Democratic woman elected as governor of New Mexico, as well as the first Democratic Latina elected state chief executive in the history of the United States.
Michelle Lujan Grisham Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurements
- As of 2020, Michelle Lujan Grisham age is 60 years old.
- She stands on a height of 5 feet 1 inches tall.
- Her body measurements are not known.
- She weighs around 60 Kg.
- Her eye color is hazel and the hair color is light brown.
- She wears a shoe size of 6 UK.
Michelle Lujan Grisham Salary & Net Worth
- As of 2020, Michelle Lujan Grisham salary is $110,000.
- Her net worth is estimated around $200 Million USD.
- Her primary source of income is her political career.
Michelle Lujan Grisham Husband
- Lujan Grisham’s husband, Gregory Grisham, died of a brain aneurysm in 2004.
- The couple had two daughters.
- Lujan Grisham filed a wrongful death suit against her husband’s physician.
- The lawsuit was dropped.
Michelle Lujan Grisham Quick Facts
|Real Name||Michelle Lynn Lujan|
|Nick Name||Michelle Lujan Grisham|
|Born||October 24, 1959|
|Age||60 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||32nd Governor of New Mexico|
|Birthplace||Los Alamos, New Mexico, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'1"|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Spouse/ Husband||Gregory Grisham
(m. 1982; died 2004)
|Education||University of New Mexico (BS, JD)|
|Net Worth||Approx $200 Million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Twitter, Facebook|
Michelle Lujan Early Life & Education
- Michelle Lujan was born on October 24, 1959, in Los Alamos, New Mexico, U.S.
- She holds American nationality.
- Her father, Llewellyn “Buddy” Lujan, practiced dentistry into his 80s until he died in March 2011.
- Her mother, Sonja, was a homemaker. Michelle’s sister Kimberly was diagnosed with a brain tumor at the age of two and died at 21.
- As per her education, she graduated from St. Michael’s High School.
- She received a Bachelor of Science from the University of New Mexico (UNM) in 1981, where she was a member of the Delta Delta Delta sorority.
- The following year she married Gregory Alan Grisham.
- In 1987, Lujan Grisham earned a Juris Doctor from the UNM School of Law.
Michelle Lujan Political Career
- Lujan Grisham served as Director of New Mexico’s Agency on Aging under Governors Bruce King, Gary Johnson and Bill Richardson.
- Richardson elevated the position to the state cabinet.
- In 2004, he named Lujan Grisham as New Mexico Secretary of Health; she retained the office until 2007.
- Lujan Grisham was later elected to the Bernalillo County Commission, serving from 2010 through 2012.
- On December 13, 2016, one week after Tom Udall announced he would not run for Governor of New Mexico.
- Lujan Grisham became the first person to announce her candidacy to succeed Susana Martinez, who was prohibited from running because of term limits.
Facts about Michelle Lujan
- She is part of a prominent contemporary political family in New Mexico, many of whose members have served in elected and appointed positions in government.
- Her uncle, Manuel Lujan Jr., served in the US House of Representatives from New Mexico as a Republican, and as Secretary of the Interior during the presidency of George H. W. Bush.
- He was the named petitioner in the landmark U.S. Supreme Court case Lujan v. Defenders of Wildlife.
- Her grandfather, Eugene Lujan, was Chief Justice of the New Mexico Supreme Court.