Gretchen Esther Whitmer (born August 23, 1971) is an American politician serving as the 49th governor of Michigan. A member of the Democratic Party, she served in the Michigan House of Representatives from 2001 to 2006 and in the Michigan Senate from 2006 to 2015. Tune in bio and explore more about Gretchen Whitmer aka Governor of Michigan’s Wiki, Bio, Salary, Net Worth, Bio, Wiki, Age, Husband, Children and many more Facts about her.
Gretchen Whitmer Age, Height & Weight
How tall is Gretchen Whitmer? Her age is 48 years old. She stands on a height of 5 feet 9 inches tall. Her body measurements are not known. She weighs around 60 Kg. Her eye color is hazel and the hair color is blonde. She wears a shoe size of 6 UK.
Gretchen Whitmer Net Worth
What is the net worth of Gretchen Whitmer? Her net worth is estimated around $200 million USD. Her salary is $159,300. Her source of income is her political career.
Gretchen Whitmer Wiki
|Real Name||Gretchen Esther Whitmer|
|Nick Name||Gretchen Whitmer|
|Born||August 23, 1971|
|Age||48 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||49th Governor of Michigan|
|Birthplace||Lansing, Michigan, U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'9"|
|Parents||Father: William Milliken
Mother: Frank Kelley
|Spouse/ Husband||1. Gary Shrewsbury (div.)
2. Marc Mallory (m. 2011)
|Education||Michigan State University (BA, JD)|
|Net Worth||Approx $200 Million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Gretchen Whitmer Husband
Who is the husband of Gretchen Whitmer? She is married with Marc Mallory, since 2011. Whitmer has two children with her first husband, Gary Shrewsbury. The couple divorced, and in 2011 she married dentist Marc Mallory, who has three children from his previous marriage. Whitmer and Mallory live in East Lansing, Michigan, with her two daughters and his three sons.
Gretchen Whitmer Bio, Family & Early Life
Gretchen Whitmer was born on August 23, 1971, in Lansing, Michigan, U.S. She belongs to American nationality. Her father served as head of the state’s Department of Commerce under Governor William Milliken and was the president and CEO of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan between 1988 and 2006. Whitmer’s mother worked as an assistant attorney general under Michigan Attorney General Frank Kelley. Her parents divorced when she was 10 years old. She and her siblings moved with their mother to Grand Rapids. Her father traveled from his home in Detroit to visit the family at least once a week.
Gretchen Whitmer Education
As per Gretchen Whitmer education, she graduated from Forest Hills Central High School, just outside Grand Rapids. She earned a BA degree in communications from Michigan State University in 1993 and is a Juris Doctor of Detroit College of Law at Michigan State University, graduating in 1998.
Gretchen Whitmer Political Career
Gretchen Whitmer Political Career Timeline: Whitmer originally ran for the Michigan House of Representatives in the 1990s but was unsuccessful. In 2000, she tried again and was elected to represent the 23rd legislative district. She was reelected in 2002 and 2004. On January 3, 2017, Whitmer announced she would run in the 2018 Michigan gubernatorial race.
On August 7, 2018, Whitmer became the Democratic nominee for governor of Michigan. She won all 83 counties in the state in the Democratic primary. In July 2018, Republican officials accused Whitmer of supporting the movement to abolish ICE, a claim Whitmer disputed. She said that if elected she would focus on improving Michigan’s “fundamentals”, such as schools, roads, and water systems.
Whitmer’s main opponent was Republican Bill Schuette, the term-limited Attorney General of Michigan. The two candidates met for a debate on October 12, 2018, in Grand Rapids at WOOD-TV. A second debate was held at WDIV studios in Detroit on October 24. Whitmer defeated Schuette in the November 6 election by nearly a 10-point margin.
Gretchen Whitmer Facts
- Wiki & Bio: In March 2006, Whitmer left the state house and became a State Senator.
- She was elected and reelected in 2006 and 2010.
- In 2011, Whitmer’s Democratic colleagues unanimously chose her to be the Senate Democratic Leader, making her the first woman to lead a party caucus in the Senate.
- She continued in that role for the remainder of her time there.
- Due to term limits, Whitmer was unable to run for reelection in 2014 and left office in 2015.
- In 2013, she received national recognition when she discussed her experience of being sexually assaulted.
- She told the story during a debate about abortion rights, particularly for victims of rape, arguing victims should be allowed to terminate pregnancies which resulted from rape.
- Her Instagram bio read is, “49th Governor of Michigan. Proud mom.”
- She is active on social media platforms like Twitter.
- Recently, Michigan governor was subject of foiled rightwing kidnap plot.
- She has accused Donald Trump of “inspiring and incentivising domestic terrorism”.
- Whitmer’s digital director name is Tori Saylor.