Muriel Elizabeth Bowser (born August 2, 1972) is an American politician who has been mayor of the District of Columbia since 2015. A member of the Democratic Party, she previously represented Ward 4 as a member of the Council of the District of Columbia from 2007 to 2015.
Muriel Bowser Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Muriel Bowser age is 47 years old.
- She stands on a height of 5 feet 6 inches tall.
- She weighs around 60 Kg.
- Her eye color is black and the hair color is brown.
- She wears a shoe size of 6 UK.
Muriel Bowser Salary & Net Worth
- As of 2020, Muriel Bowser salary is estimated around $176,578.
- Her primary source of income is her political career.
- Her net worth is estimated around $300 million USD.
Muriel Bowser Husband
- As of 2020, Muriel Bowser is unmarried and focused on her career.
- In May 2018, Bowser announced that she had adopted a baby.
- Baby name is not known as of now.
Muriel Bowser Quick Facts
|Real Name||Muriel Elizabeth Bowser|
|Nick Name||Muriel Bowser|
|Born||August 2, 1972|
|Age||47 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||7th Mayor of the District of Columbia|
|Birthplace||Washington, D.C., U.S.|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'6"|
|Parents||Father: Joan Bowser
|Education||1. Chatham University (BA)
2. American University (MPP)
|Net Worth||Approx $300 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Muriel Bowser Early Life & Education
- Muriel Bowser was born on August 2, 1972, in Washington, D.C., U.S.
- The youngest of six children of Joe and Joan Bowser.
- She grew up in North Michigan Park in northeast D.C.
- As per her education, in 1990, Bowser graduated from Elizabeth Seton High School, a private all-girls Catholic high school located in Bladensburg, Maryland.
- She received a college scholarship due to her above average grades.
- Bowser graduated from Chatham College in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, with a bachelor’s degree in history, and she graduated from the American University School of Public Affairs with a Masters in Public Policy.
- In 2015, she bought a home in Colonial Village, moving from a Riggs Park duplex where she had lived since 2000.
- She is a lifelong Catholic.
- Bowser says she never envisioned herself as a politician or mayor, but possibly as an agency administrator.
Muriel Bowser Career
- Bowser began her political career in 2004, running unopposed for the Advisory Neighborhood Commission (ANC).
- She represented Single Member District 4B09, which includes the neighborhood of Riggs Park.
- She was unopposed again in 2006 when she ran for re-election for the position.
Facts about Muriel Bowser
- In 2017, Bowser proposed several animal regulations, including a ban on backyard chickens, a requirement that all cats be licensed, and a provision that seemed to outlaw leaving dog feces in private yards for more than 24 hours.
- By 2018, management of D.C. Public Schools prompted investigation by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the U.S. Department of Education and the D.C. Office of the Inspector General.
- In January 2018, Bowser announced a $4.7 million investment in two islands in the Anacostia River, 45 acre Kingman Island and 5 acre Heritage Island.
- Her instagram bio read is, “The official Instagram account of the Mayor of Washington DC. Join me in doing everything we can to give every Washingtonian”.