Brian Porter Kemp (born November 2, 1963) is an American businessman, and politician serving as the 83rd Governor of the U.S. state of Georgia. A member of the Republican Party, he previously was the 27th Secretary of State of Georgia from 2010 to 2018 and a member of the Georgia State Senate from 2003 until 2007.
Brian Kemp Age, Height & Weight
- As of 2020, Brian Kemp age is 56 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 7 inches tall.
- He weighs around 70 Kg.
- His eye color is dark brown and has brown hair.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
Brian Kemp Quick Facts
|Real Name||Brian Porter Kemp|
|Nick Name||Brian Kemp|
|Born||November 2, 1963|
|Age||56 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||83rd Governor of the U.S. state of Georgia|
|Birthplace||Athens, Georgia, U.S|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'7"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: William L. Kemp II
Mother: Not Known
|Spouse/ Wife||Marty Argo Kemp (m. 1994)|
|Education||University of Georgia (BS)|
|Net Worth||Approx $300 USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook|
Brian Kemp Wife
- As of 2020, Kemp is married to Marty Kemp.
- They have three daughters.
- On Valentine’s day he posted a caption on his Instagram as, “Happy Valentine’s Day to my wife and our First Lady, Marty Kemp!”
- The family goes to and worships with the Emmanuel Episcopal Church in Athens.
- As of now, couple is living happily and enjoying their life at the fullest.
Brian Kemp Early Life & Education
- Kemp was born in Athens, Georgia, the son of William L. Kemp II.
- Kemp’s grandfather, Julian H. Cox Sr., was a member of the Georgia Legislature.
- Kemp went to the private Athens Academy until the ninth grade, transferred to Clarke Central High School to play football for Billy Henderson. He graduated from Clarke Central in 1983.
- Later, he graduated from the University of Georgia, where he majored in agriculture
Brian Kemp Career
- Kemp was a homebuilder and developer before entering politics.
- He served as a Georgia State Senator from 2003 to 2007 after defeating the Democrat incumbent, Doug Haines.
- Kemp ran for Agriculture Commissioner of Georgia. He ran second in the primary, in 2006.
- On July 18, a poll was released that surveyed 487,624 Georgians from April 1 to June 30, 2019, about their opinion on Kemp’s performance as governor.
- On January 14, 2019, Kemp was inaugurated as governor in a public ceremony in Atlanta.
- Kemp announced a statewide stay-at-home order to combat the 2019–20 coronavirus pandemic, on April 1, 2020.
Net Worth of Brian Kemp
- As of 2020, Brian Kemp net worth is estimated around $300 million USD.
- His primary source of income is his political career.
Facts about Brian Kemp
- In October 2018, Atlanta television station WAGA-TV reported that companies owned by Kemp owed more than $800,000 in loans to a community bank where he is a founding board member and stockholder.
- Such “insider loans” are legal, so long as they are on the same terms as the bank would extend to any other borrower.
- Kemp’s campaign declined to publicize the terms of the loan.
- In May 2018, Kemp was sued for failure to repay $500k in business loans.
- The suit is related to Kemp having personally guaranteed $10 million in business loans to Kentucky-based company Hart AgStrong, a canola crushing company.
- The company is under investigation after making guarantees using assets it did not own and repaying suppliers using proceeds from insurance settlements.
- His Instagram bio read is, “Georgia’s 83rd Governor”.