Pat Sajak (October 26, 1946) is an American television personality, former weatherman, and talk show host who is best recognised as the host of the American television game show, “Wheel of Fortune”. With his presence in the game show, he broke the world record for having the longest career as a game show host for the same show hosting it for 38 years and 198 days. Sajak is also a former weatherman of NBC and talks show host. He also served the US national army during the Vietnam War as a radio host.
Pat Sajak Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurements
- As of 2020, Pat Sajak age is 73 years old.
- Pat Sajak has a maintained body physique.
- He stands on a good height of 5 feet 10 inches tall.
- He weighs around 80 Kg.
- He has a fair complexion with light brown hair and blue eyes.
- He wears a shoe size of 9 UK.
- He is a fitness freak as well.
Pat Sajak Wiki/ Bio
|Real Name||Patrick Leonard Sajdak|
|Nick Name/ Stage Name||Sajak|
|Birth Day||October 26, 1946|
|Age||73 years old (As of 2020)|
|Profession||Television personality, Game show host|
|Famous For||As the host of the American television
game show,"Wheel of Fortune"
|Birthplace/ Hometown||Chicago, Illinois, U.S|
|Current Residence||1. Severna Park, Maryland
2. Los Angeles, California
|Height/ Tall||In centimeters- 177 cm
In meters- 1.77 m
In feet - 5'10"
|Weight||In kilograms- 80 kg
In pounds- 176 lbs
|Waist Size||Not Known|
|Hip Size||Not Known|
|Biceps Size||Not Known|
|Shoe Size||9 (UK)|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Parents||Father: Leonard Anthony Sajdak
Mother: Joyce Helen
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known
Sister: Not Known
|Previous Dating||Sherrill Sajak (Ex-wife)|
(m. 1979; div. 1986)
Lesly Brown-Sajak (m. 1989-present)
|Children/ Baby||Son: Patrick Michael James Sajak
Daughter: Maggie Sajak
|College/ University||Not Known|
|Favorite Actor||Tom Hanks|
|Favorite Actress||Jennifer Lawrence|
|Favorite Food||Continental Food|
|Hobbies||Shopping and Traveling|
|Net Worth||Approx $65 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Salary||$15 million USD|
|Social Media Links|
Read Also:Lesly Brown (PlayBoy Model) Age, Bio, Height, Weight, Husband, Career, Net Worth, Facts
Pat Sajak Wife/ Spouse
- As of 2020, Pat Sajak is married to Lesly Brown Sajak.
- She is a photographer.
- The duo is also with a son, Patrick Michael James Sajak (born September 22, 1990), and a daughter, Maggie Marie Sajak (born January 5, 1995).
- Currently, the couple resides in Severna Park, Maryland.
- Couple have also a second home in Los Angeles, California.
- As per Pat Sajak previuos dating history, he was married to his first wife, Sherrill Sajak.
- In 1979, Sherrill and Pat got married but living for 7 years together, the couple divorced in 1979.
- Currently, Pat Sajak is married to his second wife, Lesly Brown Sajak.
- Lesley and Pat started dating in 1989 three years after his first divorce.
Read Also: Jacqueline Dena Guber (Entrepreneur) Wiki, Bio, Age, Height, Weight, Husband, Mother, Net Worth, Facts
Pat Sajak Bio, Family & Education
- Pat Sajak was born and raised in Chicago on October 26, 1946.
- As per his family members, his father name was Leonard Anthony Sajdak, a factory worker, who died when Sajak was young.
- His mother name is Joyce Helen.
- All of his grandparents were Polish.
- After Sajak’s father’s death, his mother married Walter Backal.
- As per his education, in 1964, Sajak graduated from Farragut High School.
- Later, he went to Columbia College Chicago while working as a desk clerk at the Palmer House hotel.
- He served in the U.S. Army as a disc jockey during the Vietnam War for American Forces Vietnam Network as well.
Pat Sajak Career
- Pat Sajak began his career as a DJ at 50,000-watt WSM in 1970 and then he got a breakout career with a voiceover job at NBC’s “Today’s Show”.
- Then, Sajak worked as a full-time weatherman for the KNBC-TV in 1977.
- He hosted two game show pilots: “Press Your Luck” and “Puzzlers”, in 1980.
- He was offered to work as a host on “Wheel of Fortune”, in 1981.
- Sajak hosted both the daytime(NBC) and syndicated evening versions of “Wheel of Fortune” for 6 years from 1983-89.
- He continued working for the show and completing its 36th season.
- Further, he is signed to the show until 2022.
- Sajak broke the world record of the longest career for hosting the same game show, “Wheel of Fortune”, on May 8, 2019.
- In 1982, Sajak appeared in the comedy film, “Airplane II: The Sequel” as a newscaster.
- In 1983, Sajak appeared as Kevin Hathaway in the NBC daytime soap opera, “Days of Our Lives”.
- In January 1989, he hosted a short-lived late-night talk show on CBS.
- He also appeared in “Super Password”, “Password Plus”, “Dream House”, “Just Men!” and “Pat Sajak Weekend”. He also hosted the syndicated radio sports talk show, “The Pat Sajak Baseball Hour”.
- Sajak is an External Director of “Eagle Publishing” and a vice-chairman of Hillsdale College.
- Sajak appeared as himself on the popular children’s cartoon show, “Rugrats”(1993) and the sitcom, “The King of Queens”(2001).
- In 2007, he published his very first puzzle games, “Lucy Letters”.
- Sajak has also appeared on episodes of ESPN radio’s “The Dan Le Batard Show with Stugotz”, and “Highly Questionable”.
About Wheel of Fortune (American game show)
- Wheel of Fortune is an American television game show created by Merv Griffin that debuted in 1975.
- The core game is based on Hangman.
- Pat Sajak is in his 38th year as Host of Wheel of Fortune.
- He joined America’s Game® in 1981, when the show aired on network daytime television.
- The top-ranked syndicated version made its debut in 1983, with Sajak at the helm.
Net Worth of Pat Sajak
- As of 2020, Pat Sajak ner worth is estimated around $65-70 million USD.
- He has an annual salary of $15 million at Wheel of Fortune.
- Pat Sajak has been working in the entertainment industry for a long time for more than 3 decades now.
- Sajak has surpassed a fortune worth million dollars trough his several TV shows and movies.
Facts about Pat Sajak
- Sajak underwent emergency intestinal surgery to remove a blockage, in Nov, 2019.
- Until 2022, Sajak is signed as a host of “Wheel of Fortune” show.
- Sajak broke the world record for having the longest career as game show host for the same show, hosting Wheel of Fortune for 38 years and 198 days.
- Sajak was officially honored as such by the Guinness World Records with the episode taped March 22, 2019 and aired May 8, 2019.
- Sajak won a contest on WLS radio’s Dick Biondi Show to be a guest teen deejay.