Karen Reuter was an American actress who rose to fame for working as the main makeup artist on the Netflix TV series “Orange Is The New Black”. In fact, Reuter was nominated by the Artists & Hairstylists Guild for a Best Contemporary Makeup Award for her work on OITNB. Before that, she also worked on The Sopranos, Project Runway, and Step Up 3D. According to her obituary, she first became interested in makeup through horror movies. Check out this biography to know about her height, weight, death cause, husband, childhood, family life, achievements and facts about her life.
Cause of Death & Cancer
Karen Reuter died at the age of 62, on January 24, 2019 due to cancer. Last September, she fell seriously ill and also stopped working in the show “Orange Is The New Black”. From 2013 – 2014, Reuter first served in the series and was a co-key makeup artist in 20 episodes of the show. Further, between 2015 and 2016, she became the makeup department head for OITNB.
Shortly after her death, Mulgrew took to Twitter to pen a heartfelt message to her friend and colleague. “Farewell to a warm-eyed woman wearing low-slung dungarees and a wry smile at 6am, whose work ethic was surpassed only by her bravery, which she revealed through laughter, kindness, and a turning away from self,”.
Hamic, who plays newer character C.O. Ginger, said, “I wish I had the chance to know her better. She’ll be missed.” Other than this, Lori Petty, who plays Lolly Whitehill, also shared a Tweet in tribute of Reuter, full of crying and heartbroken emojis.
Karen Reuter Age
Karen Reuter age was 62-years-old when she was died due to her cancer cause. Additionally, she had blue eyes and had dark brown hair.
Personal Life, Spouse & Children
She was a married lady and on September 02, 2017, she tied the knot with her husband “Steven Kozlowski”. Their wedding ceremony held privately in presence of few family members. Since 2012, the former couple began their dating. After her death, her husband Steven shared an emotional message and said that she was a wonderful wife. Karen also had four children from her previous affair. She had three sons named Eden, Anton, & Damon Fabbo and a daughter named Simone Fabbo. Her previous dating history is not known in public domain.
Karen Reuter Wiki
|Real Name||Karen Reuter|
|Age||62 Years Old|
|Cause of Death||Cancer|
|Born||January 22, 1957|
|Profession||Professional Makeup Artist and Author|
|Famous For||For working as the main makeup artist
on Orange Is The New Black
|Birthplace||Little Falls, New Jersey, USA|
|Ethnicity||White Caucasian Descent|
|Height/ Tall||Feet & Inches: 5'6"
Centimetres: 168 cm
Meters: 1.68 m
|Weight||Kilograms: 59 Kg
Pounds: 130.32 lbs
|Bra Cup Size||34 B|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
|Shoe Size||6 (US)|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Siblings||Brother: Not Known
Sister: Not Known
|Dating History?||Love Affair with her boyfriend Steven|
|Spouse/ Husband||Steven Kozlowski|
|Children||Son : Eden. Anton, Damon
Daughter: Simone Fabbo
|Education||High School Graduate|
|School||Passaic Valley Regional High School|
|Favorite food||Continental, Mexican|
|Favorite Holiday Destination||Gymming & Traveling|
|Net Worth||Approx U.S $ $756,00|
|Sponsors/ Ads||Not Known|
|Social Media Account|
|Social Media Account Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook (Inactive)|
Karen Reuter Facts
- Wiki & Bio: Karen Reuter was a Makeup Artist was born on the 22nd of January 1957 in Little Falls, New Jersey, USA.
- Age: She was aged 62 years old, at the time of her death.
- Her family information is not known in public domain.
- Since her childhood, she remained a volunteer at the Liquid Church in Nutley, New Jersey.
- As of education, Karen graduated from Passaic Valley Regional High School, in 1975.
- Additionally, she was also a member of the Make-Up and Hair Local 798 in New York.
- In her lifetime career, Karen also nominated by the Artists & Hairstylists Guild for a Best Contemporary Makeup Award for her work on OITNB.
- The season’s heartbreaking penultimate episode, “The Big House”, was dedicated to Karen Reuter.
- OITNB season seven, episode 12 paid honour to her impact by dedicating the episode to her.
- Reuter’s impact on the cast and crew of Orange Is the New Black is evident not only in the fact the penultimate ever episode of the series is dedicated to her but also in the public tributes by several of her colleagues.
- Other than Orange is the New Black, 62-years-old, Reuter was enjoyed a career working on a number of major Hollywood titles prior to OITNB.
- From 1986 to 1990, she worked on the television kids’ show “Pee-wee’s Playhouse”.
- She served as one of the main artists for four years.
- Then, Karen practiced her work in the American drama show “The Sopranos” in the past.
- In her outstanding career, she worked in numerous runway fashion shows.
- Some of her art pieces are also available on popular movies like Step Up 3D and 28 Days.
- As an author, Reuter published her book named “Read My Lips: A Cultural History of Lipstick” in 1998.
- Additionally, she co-authored the book along with Meg Cohen.