Bae Doona (born October 11, 1979) is a South Korean actress and photographer. She became known outside Korea for her roles as a political activist in Park Chan-wook’s Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (2002), archer Park Nam-joo in Bong Joon-ho’s The Host (2006), and as an inflatable sex doll-come-to-life in Hirokazu Kore-eda’s Air Doll (2009). She has had English-speaking roles in the Wachowski films Cloud Atlas (2012) and Jupiter Ascending (2015), and their TV series Sense8 (2015–2018). Her latest work is on a Netflix period zombie thriller Kingdom (2019–present).
Bae Doona Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurements
- As of 2020, Bae Doona age is 40 years old.
- She stands on a height of 5 feet 4 inches tall.
- She weighs around 49 kg or 108 lbs.
- Her body measurements are 34-26-38 inches.
- She wears a bra size of 32 B.
- She has light brown eyes and has blonde hair color.
- She wears a shoe size of 7 UK.
Bae Doona Net Worth
- As of 2020, Bae Doona net worth is estimated around $1 million USD.
- She also earns a very good amount of money from her photo shoots and advertisers.
- Her primary source of income is her acting and photography.
- Her exact salary is not known.
Read Also:Bae Seul-ki (Actress) Net Worth, Boyfriend, Bio, Wiki, Age, Height, Weight, Career, Facts
Bae Doona Early Life & Education
- Bae was born on October 11, 1979 in Seoul, South Korea.
- She holds Korean nationality.
- Her mother, Kim Hwa-young, a stage actress in Korea, to theater and rehearsal halls, learning lines of dialogue as she went along.
- Her father information is not known.
- Her brother name is Doohan.
- As per her education, she attended Hanyang University Dept. of Drama and Film.
Bae Doona Quick Facts
|Full Name||Bae Doona|
|Birth Date||October 11, 1979|
|Age||40 years old (As of 2020)|
|Korean Name||Hangul 배우희|
|Birthplace||Seoul, South Korea|
|Currently Resides||South Korea|
|Height||In Feet: 5′4″|
|Weight||Kilograms: 49 kg
|Bra Cup Size||32 B|
|Shoe Size (UK)||7 [UK]|
|Dress Size||2 [US]|
|Eye Color||Light brown|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Kim Hwa-young
|Previous Dating||Not Known|
|Education||Konkuk University –Department of Film Arts|
|Favorite musician||The Pussycats Dolls, Beyonce, Rain (Bi), and Lee Hyo Ri|
|Favorite animal||Harp seal|
|Favorite food||Granola bar|
|Favorite drink||Apple juice|
|Love to Do||Cooking, watching movies, fashion, and selcas|
|Specialties||Rapping, dancing, choreography, and singing|
|Net Worth||$1 Million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links|
Bae Doona Career
- As per her career, was scouted by a model talent agency in Seoul. in 1998.
- This led to her modeling clothing for COOLDOG’s catalog, among others.
- In 1999, she switched to acting before completing her studies at Hanyang University, debuting in the TV drama School.
- Later that year, she appeared as the ghost in The Ring Virus, a Korean remake of the Japanese horror film Ring.
- In 2000, director Bong Joon-ho cast Bae in the film Barking Dogs Never Bite for her willingness to do the part without makeup, something other South Korean actresses were unwilling to do.
- In 2005 Bae acted as an exchange student who joins a band in the Japanese film Linda Linda Linda.
- Bae made her English-language, Hollywood debut in Cloud Atlas, as Sonmi~451, a clone in a dystopian Korea.
- Bae next starred in the 2014 film A Girl at My Door, directed by July Jung and produced by Lee Chang-dong.
- In 2015, she again worked with the Wachowskis for their space opera Jupiter Ascending, in which she played a small supporting role as a bounty hunter.
- In June 2018, Bae was one of 14 professionals from the Korean film industry invited to join the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
- She also stars in Netflix’s zombie series Kingdom, and romance drama Matrimonial Chaos, a remake of the Japanese television series of the same name.
Read Also:Aivan (Korean Singer) Profile, Net Worth, Girlfriend, Age, Height, Weight, Career, Facts
Bae Doona Facts
- Her 2012 sports film As One was based on the true story of the 1991 world table tennis championship held in Chiba, Japan where North Korean player Ri Bun-hui and South Korean player Hyun Jung-hwa defeated the Chinese team.
- Bae and co-star Ha Ji-won were trained by Hyun herself, and Bae learned to play left-handed like Ri.
- In a 2019 interview, she said of the Wachowskis, “They have become as important as my mother; they have my respect and my trust. When they contacted me to participate in Cloud Atlas, I couldn’t believe it. We first met on Skype and I made a demo tape that I sent them. They gave me an important role despite my lack of English proficiency. I believe that a certain understanding developed between us at that time, which pushed me to follow them on Sense8. Thanks to them, I have had opportunities that are not given to all the actors. Most importantly, it is the passion they bring to their work that has made our collaboration so enjoyable. They made me want to surpass myself and enabled me to overcome fear and limits.”
- She loves playing guitar.
- Red is her favourite color.