Too Hot to Handle is a dating game show that focuses on young singles who arrive on an island to create genuine connections rather than engaging in brief flings. The series was filmed at the luxury resort Casa Tau in Punta Mita, Mexico. The show’s format has been compared to that of Love Island.
Too Hot to Handle Plot & Summary
The show consisted of eight episodes, all of which were released on 17 April 2020 on Netflix. The host of the series is a virtual assistant, named “Lana,” who announced that the contestants had been tricked into having no physical human contact for four weeks. If they made it, they would be paid $100,000.00.
Too Hot to Handle Review
It’s honestly a good concept. I like the idea to it. But:
- The girl who voices over the whole series has got to go. Just get a host for the show instead of some voice that is so overly dramatic and cringe about every little detail that’s going on in the season.
- They need to make it more than just 9 episodes and involve more activities/challenges.
Earlier, the show would be like UK Big Brother and India’s Bigg Boss or Splitsvilla but after Lana revealed the condition of the show, it made interesting. It never got bored for a single minute. It’s totally different culture from India but I still could relate them. Moreover, some people might not like this show because of that rawness other find it endearing. It feels very real, like something you’ve probably experienced in your life before . overall it is a watchable show… Lessons are always important in life. They were all types and kinds of people who had different backgrounds. But also this is definitely definitely “a reality show”, and all that that entails…but it’s a cute version of it, mostly because of Desiree.
Too Hot to Handle Cast
- Bryce Hirschberg
- Chloe Veitch
- David Birtwistle
- Francesca Farago
- Harry Jowsey
- Kelechi “Kelz” Dyke
- Lydia Clyma
- Nicole O’Brien
- Rhonda Paul
- Sharron Townsend
- Kori Sampson
- Madison Wyborny
- Matthew Smith
- Haley Cureton
Too Hot to Handle Winning Couples & Result
- Francesca Webb & Harry Jowsey: The couple ended the season together. Later, they had split for eight months after filming wrapped. The two reconciled shortly after and got engaged during the reunion special. On June 16, 2020, Francesca released a video announcing that the two have broken up.
- Rhonda Paul & Sharron Townsend: The couple ended the season together, the couple eventually split, citing distance as the demise of their relationship. It was revealed the two still keep in contact, but Rhonda has reconciled with an ex.
- Lydia Clyma & David Birtwistle: Entering the show in the sixth episode, Lydia struck up a relationship with David and the two ended the season together. David revealed that they ended their relationship
- Nicole O’Brien & Bryce Hirschberg: Bryce and Nicole hardly interacted during the show, but they developed a romantic connection in the days after the show wrapped. The two split in May 2020 after attempts at a long-distance relationship failed.
On finale night Chloe Veitch, David Birtwistle, Francesca Farago, Harry Jowsey, Kelz Dyke, Lydia Clyma, Nicole O’Brien, Rhonda Paul, Bryce Hirschberg, and Sharron Townsend were all deemed the winners of Too Hot to Handle and split the remaining $75,000 prize.
overall this show was super entertaining the characters can be a little stuck up but that’s real life for you. I watched this in 1 day and was sad there wasn’t more my favorite couple was Francesca and Harry because of the trouble they caused I am super into drama and hardcore tension so this is a show to definitely give a go at watching!