O Yeong-su is a Korean Golden Globe winning actor famous for his role as Oh Il-nam in Netflix’ Squid Game. He was a member of the National Theater Company of Korea from 1987 until 2010, when he won a Golden Globe for his performance in ‘Lawless.’
O Se-kang was born in 1944 in Kaepung County, Gyeonggi (modern-day Kaesong) as O. His grandfather was a local instructor and landlord. He and his family moved to Paju on the southern Korean side controlled by the United States military after the 38th parallel line was drawn across Korea.
His father was murdered during the Korean War, while his brother was kidnapped by North Korea shortly thereafter. O Yeong-su Wiki, Bio, Age, Height, Weight, Wife, Facts.
O Yeong-su Height & Weight
How tall is O Yeong-su? He height of 5 ft 11 in or 180 cm. His balanced bodyweight consists of 172 lbs or 78 Kg. His body type is average. His other body measurement is still to get disclosed yet. His hair color is brown and he has a pair of black eyes. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming personality.
O Yeong-su Age
How old is O Yeong-su? He was born on October 19, 1944 in South Korea. He is 77 years old, as of 2022. He holds American nationality and belongs to mixed ethnicity.
O Yeong-su Movies
- Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter… and Spring | Bom yeoreum gaeul gyeoul geurigo bom (2003) – Old Monk
- A Little Monk | Dong seung (2002) – Temple Master
- Soul Guardians | Toemarok (1998)
Read Also: Lee Dong-Wook (Actor) Wiki, Bio, Age, Height
O Yeong-su Drama Series
- Squid Game | Ojingeo Game (Netflix / 2021) – Oh Il-Nam
- Chocolate (JTBC / 2019-2020) – Mr. Kim (ep.5)
- God of War | Mushin (MBC / 2012) – Monk Soo-Gi
- The Great Queen Seondeok | Seondeok Yeowang (MBC / 2009) – monk Wol-Chun
- Moon River | Dolahon Il Ji-Mae (MBC / 2009) – Monk Yeol-Kong
O Yeong-su Facts
- O Yeong-su finished his undergraduate studies in theater at Seoul National University and went on to receive a master’s degree in directing from Columbia University.
- After returning to Korea, he joined the National Theater Company of Korea where he worked until 2010.
- He has appeared in numerous films and television dramas, including ‘The Good, the Bad, the Weird,’ ‘The Front Line’ and ‘Squid Game.’
- In Squid Game, O Yeong-su stars as Oh Il-nam, a former Korean Marine who is recruited by the squid game company to test their new augmented reality game.
- The game is designed to be so realistic that it makes the player feel like they are inside the game.
- Oh Il-nam is hesitant to play at first, but he eventually gets sucked into the game and becomes one of the top players.
- O Yeong-su is married to actress Kim Hye-soo. The couple has two daughters.
- He enjoys hiking and playing soccer in his free time.
Read Also: Kim Yang-Woo (Actor) Wiki, Bio, Age