Mindy Kaling (born June 24, 1979) is an American actress, comedian, and writer. Currently stars in the Hulu original comedy series “The Mindy Project,” which she also writes and executive produces. Before “The Mindy Project,” Mindy was best known for her work on the critically acclaimed, Emmy Award-winning NBC show “The Office.” In addition to directing, producing, and portraying celebrity-obsessed Kelly Kapoor, Mindy wrote 18 episodes of the series, including the Emmy nominated episode “Niagra.” In 2012, Mindy was named one of Time magazine’s 100 most influential people in the world. In 2014, she was named one of Glamour’s women of the year. Other than this, she has surpassed million of followers under her social media account.
Mindy Kaling Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurements
- As of 2020, Mindy Kaling age is 40 years old.
- She stands on a height of 5 feet 9 inches tall.
- She weighs around 60 Kg.
- Her body measurements are 36-34-40 inches.
- She wears a bra cup size of 34 D.
- She wears a shoe size of 9 US.
- She has black eyes and has black hair.
- She is a fitness freak as well.
- She has shiny and glowing skin.
Mindy Kaling Bio/Wiki
|Real Name||Vera Mindy Chokalingam|
|Nick Name||Mindy Kaling|
|Born||June 24, 1979|
|Age||40 years old (As of 2020)|
|Profession||Actress, comedian, writer|
|Famous For||NBC sitcom The Office (2005 - 2013)|
|Birthplace||Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'9"|
|Weight||Approx 60 Kg
|Bra Cup Size||34 D|
|Shoe Size||9 (US)
|Parents||Father: Avu Chokalingam
Mother: Swati Chokalingam
|Siblings||Brother: Vijay Jojo Chokalingam
Sister: Not Known
|Previous Dating?||B. J. Novak|
|Children||Daughter: Katherine Swati|
|School||Local High School|
|Social Account Link|
Mindy Kaling Boyfriend & Dating
- As per her boyfriend and dating, in December 2017, Kaling gave birth to a daughter, Katherine Swati, whose godfather is B. J. Novak.
- Kaling has a close friendship with B. J. Novak.
- Kaling has chosen not to reveal the identity of the baby’s father, even to close friends.
- As per her previous dating history, it is not known in public domain.
Mindy Kaling Net Worth
- As of 2020, Mindy Kaling net worth is estimated around $1 – $2 Million USD.
- Her primary source of income is her business and acting career.
- She also earns from her brand endorsements and sponsors.
- She also runs her own merchandise line.
|Net Worth||Approx $1 – $2 million |
(As of 2020)
|Endorsements||Approx $40K – $60K|
Mindy Kaling Early Life & Education
- Mindy Kaling was born on June 24, 1979 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, U.S.
- She holds American nationality.
- She belongs to mixed ethnicity.
- He father Avu Chokalingam is an architect.
- Her mother named is, Swati Chokalingam, an obstetrician/gynecologist
- Kaling’s parents are from India and met while working at the same hospital in Nigeria.
- Her father, a Tamil raised in Chennai, Madras, was overseeing the building of a wing of the hospital.
- On the other hand her mother is a Bengali raised in Mumbai who was working as an OB/GYN.
- In 1979, the family immigrated to the United States.
- The same year Kaling was born her mother died of pancreatic cancer in 2012.
- She has siblings as well.
- Kaling has one sibling, a brother, Vijay Jojo Chokalingam, who works in education.
- As per her educational qualifications, she is well educated.
Mindy Kaling Career
- As per her career, initially, she gained recognition for the NBC sitcom ‘The Office’ in 2005 to 2013, where she played the character Kelly Kapoor and served as a writer, executive producer, and director.
- Later, for her work on the series, she was nominated for a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Writing in a Comedy Series and four times for Outstanding Comedy Series.
- Then, she gained wider attention for creating, writing, producing and starring in the Fox/Hulu comedy series ‘The Mindy Project’ from 2012–2017.
- In 2018, she also created the NBC sitcom Champions, the Hulu miniseries Four Weddings and a Funeral in 2019.
- In 2020, she is seen in the Netflix series ‘Never Have I Ever’.
- Other films in which she appeared, includes voice work in Despicable Me (2010), Wreck-It Ralph (2012), and Inside Out (2015), and leading or supporting roles in the comedies The Night Before (2015), Ocean’s 8 (2018), and Late Night (2019).
- Additionally, she has written two New York Times best-selling memoirs, named ‘Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?’ in 2011 and then in 2015, ‘Why Not Me?’.
- She was one of Time magazine’s 100 most influential people in 2013.
Mindy Kaling Facts
- She lent her voice to the character Disgust in the Oscar-winning Pixar animated film ‘INSIDE OUT’ alongside Amy Poehler and Bill Hader.
- She has an immense fan following under her social media platforms.
- She loves wearing hats.
- Her hobbies includes writing, collecting paintings and gyming.
- She is a pet lover as well.
- She loves having Italian Cuisine.
- She loves doing yoga as well.
- Kaling has a close friendship with B. J. Novak.