Lourdes Aflague “Lou” Leon Guerrero (born November 8, 1950) is an Guamanian politician serving as the ninth Governor of Guam, since 2019. Leon Guerrero previously worked as a nurse and served as a senator in the Legislature of Guam from 1995 to 2005. She is the first Pacific Islander woman to serve as a state or territorial governor in the United States.
Lou Leon Guerrero Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurements
- As of 2020, Lou Leon Guerrero age is 69 years old.
- She stands on a height of 5 feet 6 inches tall.
- She weighs around 55 Kg or 121 lbs.
- Her body measurements are not known.
- She has a pair of dark brown eyes and has brown hair color.
- She wears a shoe size of 6 UK
Lou Leon Guerrero Net Worth & Salary
- As of 2020, Lou Leon Guerrero net worth is estimated around $200 million USD.
- Her primary source of income is her political career.
- Her salary is $123,100.
Lou Leon Guerrero Spouse
- As of 2020, Guerrero married attorney Jeff Cook.
- She has two children, Joaquin and Mariana.
- As per her dating history, her relationship history is not known.
Lou Leon Guerrero Quick Facts
|Real Name||Lourdes Aflague Leon Guerrero|
|Nick Name||Lou Leon|
|Born||November 8, 1950|
|Age||69 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||9th Governor of Guam|
|Height/ Tall||In feet - 5'6"|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Calvo Aflague Leon Guerrero
Mother:Jesus Sablan Leon Guerrero
|Spouse/ Husband||Jeffrey Cook|
|Education||1. California State University, Los Angeles (BSc)
2. University of California, Los Angeles (MPH)
3. University of Washington (GrDip)
|Net Worth||Approx $200 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Instagram, Twitter, Facebook (Inactive)|
Lou Leon Guerrero Early Life & Education
- Lou Leon Guerrero was born on November 8, 1950 in Guam, U.S.
- She is the daughter of Jesus Sablan Leon Guerrero (1927–2002), who founded the Bank of Guam, and Eugenia Calvo Aflague Leon Guerrero.
- She has two brothers, Jesse and Anthony (1952–2005).
- As per her education, she attended Academy of Our Lady of Guam High School and then moved to the U.S. mainland to study and work in Southern California.
- She earned degrees at California State University, Los Angeles, Bachelor’s Degree, Nursing, 1973 and at University of California, Los Angeles.
Lou Leon Guerrero Political Career
- As per her career, Leon Guerrero worked as a staff nurse at Santa Monica Hospital in Santa Monica, California, US before returning to Guam in 1980.
- She worked at Guam Memorial Hospital in 1980, eventually becoming the hospital’s assistant nursing director.
- Then, she went to work at the Family Health Plan clinic and served as Director of Operations, 1990–94.
- In politics, Leon Guerrero served as a senator of the 23rd, 24th, 26th, 27th, and the 28th Guam Legislatures.
Lou Leon Guerrero Business Career
- In 2007, Leon Guerrero was honored as Guam’s Small Business Administration’s Women in Business Champion.
- Then, she attended Pacific Coast Banking School at the University of Washington, graduating from its program in 2009.
- Succeeding her father and her brother, Leon Guerrero is the Chairwoman of the Board, Chief Executive Officer and President of the Bank of Guam.
- In August 2011, she was appointed director of the BankGuam Holding Company, and is also a director at Teleguam Holdings, LLC.
- She is also President of the Guam Women’s Chamber of Commerce, and the chairwoman of Guampedia.
Facts about Lou Leon Guerrero
- In February 2017, former senator Leon Guerrero officially announced her bid to be the next Governor of Guam.
- The Bank of Guam President selected Joshua Tenorio, Vice President of Guam Auto Spot, to be her running mate in the upcoming Democratic primaries.
- She has an immense fan following on her social media platforms as well.