John Lennon was an English singer, songwriter and peace activist. He touted to stardom as the founder, co-lead vocalist, and rhythm guitarist of the Beatles. He is the most successful singer in the musical history. Lennon had 25 number one singles in the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Tune in bio and explore more about John Lennon’s Wiki, Bio, Height, Weight, Age, Wife, Net Worth, Career and many more Facts about him.
John Lennon Height & Weight
How tall was John Lennon? He had at a height of 5 ft 8 in or else 1.79 m or 179 cm. He weighed around 67 Kg or 147 lbs. He had black eyes and hair.
|Real Name||John Winston Lennon|
|Nick Name||John Lennon|
|Band||Guitarist of the band Beatles|
|Age||40-years old (Died)|
|Death Cause||Gunshot wounds|
|Funeral||Ashes scattered in Central Park,|
New York City
|Birthday||9 October 1940|
|Height||approx. 5 ft 8 in (1.79 m)|
|Weight||approx. 67 Kg (147 lbs)|
|Children||Sean and Julian|
|Wife/Spouse||1. Cynthia Lennon|
2. Yoko Ono
|Net Worth||approx. $12 m (USD)|
John Lennon Wife
Who was the wife of John Lennon? He was married to Cynthia Lennon from 1962 until 1968. He then married Yoko Ono on March 20, 1969 up until his death in 1980. He had two children named Sean and Julian.
John Lennon Career & Net Worth
What was the net worth of John Lennon? As a performer, writer or co-writer, Lennon had 25 number one singles in the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Double Fantasy, his best-selling album, won the 1981 Grammy Award for Album of the Year. In 1982, Lennon was honoured with the Brit Award for Outstanding Contribution to Music. In 2002, Lennon was voted eighth in a BBC poll of the 100 Greatest Britons. Rolling Stone ranked him the fifth-greatest singer and thirty-eighth greatest artist of all time. He was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame (in 1997) and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. At the time of his death, his net worth was estimated over $12 million (USD).
John Lennon Facts
- Lennon met Cynthia Powell in 1957, when they were fellow students at the Liverpool College of Art.
- Cynthia attributed the start of the marriage breakdown to Lennon’s use of LSD.
- Lennon was touring with the Beatles when Julian was born on 8 April 1963.
- After Lennon’s death, historian Jon Wiener filed a Freedom of Information Act request for FBI files that documented the Bureau’s role in the deportation attempt.
- Between 2003 and 2008, Rolling Stone recognised Lennon in several reviews of artists and music, ranking him fifth of “100 Greatest Singers of All Time” and 38th of “100 Greatest Artists of All Time”, and his albums John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band and Imagine, 22nd and 76th respectively of “Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Albums of All Time”.