John Easterling, founder and president of the Amazon Herb Company who is best known as the husband of Olivia Newton-John, the musical star who found enduring fame for her leading role in the film Grease, has died aged 73. The news was confirmed by her husband. In a statement posted on social media, Olivia Newton-John’s widower John Easterling said: “Dame Olivia Newton-John (73) passed away peacefully at her Ranch in Southern California this morning, surrounded by family and friends. We ask that everyone please respect the family’s privacy during this very difficult time. Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer. Her healing inspiration and pioneering experience with plant medicine continues with the Olivia Newton-John Foundation Fund, dedicated to researching plant medicine and cancer.” Who Is John Easterling, Olivia Newton-John’s Husband?
Olivia Newton-John Early Life
When she was six, her family moved to Melbourne, Australia, from Cambridge, England. She remained loyal to her heritage, however: her father was a MI5 officer who worked on the Enigma project at Bletchley Park during the Second World War; Max Born, Nobel prize-winning physicist and maternal great-grandfather who sought refuge in the UK from Germany before the second world war.
After returning to England at the age of 14, Newton-John began her professional singing career in 1966, releasing her first single and debut album, If Not For You, on the trip back. A brief dip in popularity followed the initial acclaim for the album, before Newton-John represented the United Kingdom in the 1974 Eurovision song contest; Long Live Love came fourth behind Abba’s Waterloo. She then sang and recorded country music for a time before being cast as Danny Zuko in Grease.
Olivia Newton-John’s Husband: John Easterling
Olivia Newton-John was survived by her husband, John Easterling, the creator of Amazon Herb Company’s natural remedy business, and their daughter, Chloe Rose Lattanzi.
Olivia Newton-John Dies At 73
- Olivia Newton-John’s death was announced by her husband on Monday
- The actress died at home in southern California, surrounded by her family
- ‘Olivia has been a symbol of triumph and hopes for over 30 years,’ her husband, John Easterling, said
- Newton-John shot to fame in the 1978 film Grease as the iconic Sandy
- She famously overcame a 1992 cancer diagnosis but the disease returned in 2013 and then again in 2017
- In a 2020 interview, she said: ‘It’s been a part of my life for so long. I felt something was wrong. It’s concerning when it comes back, but I thought “I’ll get through it again”
Where Is Olivia Newton-John Died?
The actress died in her sleep at her home in Southern California this morning, surrounded by family and friends. Her husband, John Easterling, posted the news on her Facebook page. Moreover, ‘Olivia has been a symbol of triumphs and hope for over 30 years sharing her journey with breast cancer.