In 2021, you’ll be able to modify your Snapchat username! Yes, you read that correctly. not everyone in the globe can do so yet.
Snapchat users have been waiting for the option to change their usernames. However, it was not possible for a long time. Because the software has been updated, however, some people have been able to do so.
As a result of this, you must be creative in order to make your username unique. If all goes well, others will be able to modify their usernames as well. In the meantime, there may be another approach for you to accomplish it.
Can You Change Your Snapchat Username In 2021?
A yes and a no will suffice for this question. Those living in Australia may now update their username, because Snapchat appears to be testing new versions there.
You can change your username for those who are there by following the instructions below:
- Go to Snapchat and select your profile icon.
- Next, select the settings in the top right corner.
- Click on ‘Name’ to create a new name.
- The press on OK
Snapchat claims that you are able to modify your username only once a year, according to individuals who have altered their username.
How To Change The Username If You Are Not In Australia
You can also download the new update if you live in the United States, the United Kingdom, or any other place outside of North America. You may use a VPN to get it if you live in Japan.
Follow the steps mentioned below to do so:
- Open the app and log in to your account.
- Go to the App Store or Play Store and update the program.
- Then go to Snapchat and click on your profile.
- Change your username and select ‘ok’ from the drop-down menu.
Note: Some iPhone users may have to update their Apple ID country/region in order for the change to go through. Follow the procedures outlined below if this is the case:
- Choose your Apple ID from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the country/region of your choice and choose Australia.
- Fill in the necessary categories and press ‘ok’.
Is Snapchat Going To Bring This Update For Everyone?
As of now, Snapchat has not provided an official statement about the new update. It’s feasible that it’s in beta testing.
However, given how many users are liking this change, it’s probable that the application will make modifications to everyone’s privacy settings.