Herb Baumeister was an American suspected serial killer. He was responsible for at least eleven (and possibly as many as twenty) murders. He did not stand trial for his crimes, as he killed himself shortly after police discovered the bodies of eleven of his victims. He never confessed to the crimes and his suicide note made no mention of the murder allegations. Tune in bio and explore more about Herb Baumeister’s Wiki, Bio, Age, Height, Weight, Wife, Death, Murders, Family, Career and many more Facts about him!
Herb Baumeister Murders
Herb Baumeister was diagnosed with schizophrenia as a teenager, but he never received treatment. He was under investigation for murdering over a dozen men in the early 1990s, most of whom were last seen at gay bars. Police found the remains of eleven persons, eight identified, on Baumeister’s property. With a warrant out for his arrest, Baumeister fled to Ontario, where he committed suicide at Pinery Provincial Park on Lake Huron by shooting himself in the head. In his suicide note, he described his failing marriage and business as his reason for killing himself. He did not confess to the murders of the men found in his backyard.
Herb Baumeister Bio & Age
How old was Herb Baumeister at the time of his death? He was born on April 7, 1947 in Indiana. He was 39-yrs old at the time of his death. He died on Jul 3, 1996 by doing suicide. He is the oldest of four children born to Herbert and Elizabeth Baumeister. His childhood was reportedly normal. By the onset of adolescence, he began exhibiting anti-social behavior.
Read Also: Yoshie Shiratori (Murderer) Wiki, Bio
Herb Baumeister Wiki
|Herbert Richard Baumeister
|April 7, 1947
|Jul 3, 1996 (age 49)
|Pinery Provincial Park,
Grand Bend, Ontario, Canada
|Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S
|approx. 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)
|approx. 59 Kg
Herb Baumeister Married & Wife
Who was the wife of Herb Baumeister? He married Juliana Saiter in November 1971, a union that produced three children. Julie later said they had been sexually intimate only six times in over 25 years of marriage. In the 1970s, Baumeister was committed to a psychiatric hospital by his father. His wife said he was “hurting and needed help.”
Herb Baumeister Facts
- Herb Baumeister eventually saw this man again in August 1995, following him and noting a license plate number.
- From this data, police identified “Brian Smart” as Herb Baumeister.
- Baumeister would posthumously be suspected of killing nine other men, the bodies of whom were found in rural areas along the corridor of Interstate 70 between Indianapolis and Columbus, Ohio during the early to mid 1980s.
- One eyewitness identified Baumeister as the man seen leaving a bar in 1983 with Michael Riley, who was later found dead.
- Like the other victims, Riley was strangled to death and deposited nude or semi-nude in a river.
Read Also: John Meehan (Criminal) Wiki, Biography