- Blackpink is a South Korean girl group formed by YG Entertainment, consisting of members Jisoo, Jennie, Rosé, and Lisa.
- On August 8, 2016, the group debuted , with their single album Square One, which spawned “Whistle”, their first number-one song in South Korea, as well as “Boombayah”, their first number-one hit on the Billboard World Digital Songs chart.
- With the group’s early commercial success, they were hailed as the New Artist of the Year at the 31st Golden Disc Awards and the 26th Seoul Music Awards.
- As of 2019, Blackpink is the highest-charting female K-pop act on both Billboard Hot 100 and Billboard 200, peaking at number 41 with “Kill This Love”, and peaking at number 24 with Kill This Love, respectively.
- They are also the first and only K-pop girl group to enter and top Billboard’s Emerging Artists chart.
- They are also the first female K-pop group to have four number-one singles on Billboard’s World Digital Song Sales chart. At the time of its release, “Ddu-Du Ddu-Du” was the most-viewed Korean music video in the first 24 hours on YouTube.
- In January 2019, it became the most viewed music video by a K-pop group on the website.
- As of September 2019, Blackpink is the most-subscribed music group on YouTube.
Blackpink Members Names
Click on the below given names for detailed information about them:
Blackpink Members Profile/ Wiki
|Loona Band Profile|
|Loona Band Total Members||4|
|Loona Band Members Name||1. Jisoo (지수)
2. Jennie (제니)
3. Rosé (로제)
4. Lisa (리사)
|Band Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
|Band Genres||K-pop/hip hop/R&B//J-pop|
|Social Links Contacts|
|Social Popularity Links of Band||Instagram, Facebook,Twitter, vLive, Youtube|
|Fan Following||Instagram: 21.6 million followers
Facebook: 5.3 million followers
Twitter: 3.2 million followers
Youtube: 32 million subscribers
vLiveTV: 7,051,724 followers
(As of 2019)
|Associated Acts||YG Family|
|Years Active||2016- Present|
- In May 2017, Blackpink became ambassadors for Incheon Main Customs.
- The group has endorsed and collaborated with several high-end brands including Puma, Reebok, Louis Vuitton, Adidas, Dior Cosmetics, Moonshot, St. Scott London, Shibuya 109, Tokyo Girls Collection x CECIL McBEE and Sprite Korea.
- The group ranked first for brand reputation based on analysis by The Korea Reputation Research Institute, on July 28, 2018.
- Blackpink became a regional brand ambassador for a Singaporean e-commerce platform, Shopee, in November 2018.
- In 2019, Forbes Korea Power Celebrity has named them the most influential celebrities of Korea.
- Blackpink House (2018, Vlive / YouTube / JTBC2)
- YG Future Strategy Office (2018, Netflix)[a]
- Blackpink X Star Road (2018, Vlive)
- Blackpink Diaries (2019, Vlive / YouTube)