William Stephen Belichick (born April 16, 1952) is an American football coach who serves as the head coach of the New England Patriots of the National Football League (NFL). He exercises extensive authority over the Patriots’ football operations, effectively making him the team’s general manager as well. He holds numerous coaching records, including winning a record six Super Bowls as the head coach of the Patriots, and two more as defensive coordinator for the New York Giants. He is widely considered to be one of the greatest coaches in NFL history by current and former players, his peers, and the press.
Bill Belichick Age, Height, Weight & Body Measurements
- As of 2020, Bill Belichick age is 67 years old.
- He stands on a height of 5 feet 7 inches tall.
- He weighs around 75 Kg or 165 lbs.
- His body measurements are not known.
- He has a pair of dark brown eyes and has grey hair color.
- He wears a shoe size of 8 UK.
Bill Belichick Wiki/ Bio
|Birth Name||Bill Belichick|
|Born||April 16, 1952|
|Age||67 years old (As of 2020)|
|Known For||Head coach|
|Height||In feet - 5'7"|
|Body Measurements||Not Known|
|Biceps Size||Not Known|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Parents||Father: Not Known
Mother: Not Known
|Wife/Spouse||Debby Clarke (Div. 2006)|
|Children||Amanda, Stephen, and Brian|
|Net Worth||Approx $60 million USD (As of 2020)|
|Social Media Links||Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (Inactive)|
Bill Belichick Wife
- Belichick was married to Debby Clarke, but they divorced in the summer of 2006.
- They allegedly separated before the 2004 season, which was disclosed by the Patriots in July 2005.
- Belichick was also accused of maintaining a relationship with former Giants receptionist Sharon Shenocca, which helped precipitate her divorce.
- Since 2007, Belichick has been in a relationship with Linda Holliday who also serves as Executive Director of Belichick’s namesake foundation.
Bill Belichick Children
- Bill has three children with Debby Clarke Belichick named, Amanda, Stephen, and Brian.
- Amanda is a 2007 graduate of Wesleyan University, where she, like her father, played lacrosse.
- After college, she worked at Connecticut preparatory school Choate Rosemary Hall as a lacrosse coach and in the admissions department.
- In 2009 she became an assistant coach for the University of Massachusetts Amherst women’s lacrosse team, before joining the Ohio State Buckeyes in the same position the next year.
- After serving as interim head women’s lacrosse coach at Wesleyan, she was named head women’s lacrosse coach at Holy Cross College in Massachusetts in July 2015.
- Stephen played lacrosse and football at Rutgers University on scholarship.
- Stephen was hired as an assistant coach with the New England Patriots in May 2012 as of 2016, he is the team’s safeties coach.
- Brian attended Trinity College where he played lacrosse.
- In 2016 Brian was hired to the Patriots’ front office as a scouting assistant.
Bill Belichick Born, Family & Education
- Belichick was born on April 16, 1952, in Nashville, Tennessee, the son of Jeannette (Munn) and Steve Belichick.
- Bill was named after College Football Hall of Fame coach Bill Edwards, who was his godfather.
- Belichick is of Croatian ancestry and his paternal grandparents, Ivan Biličić and Marija (Mary) Barković, emigrated from the Croatian village of Draganić, Karlovac, in 1897, settling in Monessen, Pennsylvania.
- He was raised in Annapolis, Maryland, where his father was an assistant football coach at the United States Naval Academy.
Bill Belichick Career
- Bill Belichick was head coach of the Cleveland Browns from 1991-1995 but his tenure was not a successful one.
- Belichick’s many quirks from being very secretive about players and player injuries to his being so reticent and boring with the press that it almost appears pathological were intensified by the bad teams and bad decisions he made while at Cleveland.
- Without going into the nitty-gritty details, Belichick handled situations poorly, especially with the press and those higher up in the organization.
- The worst was the beating he took for demoting QB Bernie Kosar, a local hero, out of the starter’s role.
- After a losing lame duck season when Cleveland was moving to Baltimore, Belichick was fired.
- His tenure at Cleveland was so bad that there was a possibility of never getting another chance at a head coaching job.
- After spending time as defensive coordinator with the New England Patriots and the New York Jets, the opportunity finally did arise.
- Bill Belichick wanted to be his own man and knew that Parcells, as a Jets team executive, would really be calling the shots.
- And thus Bill Belichick, having impressed Robert Kraft, owner of the New England Patriots, with his stint as defensive coordinator, hired Bill Belichick as the head coach. And the rest is history.
- Having won three championships in four years in an era of free agency and massive player movement, many of Belichick’s quirks and oddities, which were seen as signs of weakness and lack of leadership in Cleveland, became the eccentricities that went into being a successful head coach in today’s NFL.
- But Bill Belichick is not the same man he was in Cleveland.
- He’s a smart guy, and like most smart guys, he learned from his mistakes in Cleveland and vowed not to repeat them.
- Despite drawbacks in the writing mentioned above, this biography is full of themes and anecdotes.
- It covers, in detail, Belichick’s relationship with his father and growing up around the Navy football team.
- The book also goes into detail about his strange relationship with Bill Parcells, the failures he endured as head coach in Cleveland, and the reasons for his resurrection with the New England Patriots.
- It was in New England where mostly diligent work, careful player selection, and surrounding himself with the right staff who knew how to deliver the results he wanted, led to his ultimate success.
- Additionally, there are some great anecdotes about such offbeat characters as Lawrence Taylor, who is arguably the greatest outside linebacker in the modern era of football.
Net Worth of Bill Belichick
- As of 2020, Bill Belichick net worth is estimated around $60 million USD.
- His primary source of income is his career.
Facts about Bill Belichick
- After suffering a loss to the Philadelphia Eagles in the big game the following year, Belichick again had his team back in the Super Bowl in 2019.
- Whipping up an airtight defensive scheme, his team put the clamps on the high-scoring Los Angeles Rams for a 13-3 triumph, giving Belichick a remarkable sixth Super Bowl win as a head coach.
- In 2016, Belichick led the Patriots to the AFC Championship, but the team lost to the Denver Broncos.
- He quickly found work with his old mentor, Bill Parcells, who at the time was head coach of the New England Patriots.