Vitalis Udoka was the father of Ime Udoka, a former NBA player and current head coach of the Boston Celtics. Vitalis was originally from Nigeria and immigrated to the United States with his family in the 1980s. He worked as a medical technologist and raised his family in Portland, Oregon.
He played a significant role in Ime Udoka’s life both as a parent and a mentor. He instilled in Ime a strong work ethic and a commitment to education as well as a love for basketball. Vitalis supported his son basketball dreams from a young age and coaching him in youth leagues and attending his games throughout his career.
Tragically, Vitalis Udoka wife passed away in late 2011 who was an American from Illinois. Ime has spoken publicly about the profound impact his father had on his life both as a basketball player and as a person.
Vitalis Udoka Age
Vitalis Udoka was born 12 November 1946 in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, Nigeria. He was 77 years old at the time of his death. He died 17 October 2006 Portland, Oregon, United States of unspecified causes.
Vitalis Udoka Wife
- Vitalis Udoka was married with Agnes Jean Snell (1946-2011).
Read Also: Sarah Jessica Parker Parents: Mother Barbara And Father Stephen
Vitalis Udoka Family
Vitalis Udoka was of Nigerian descent which qualified the younger Udoka for Nigerian citizenship. Ime Udoka’s older sister, Mfon, played in the WNBA. Udoka’s then-girlfriend Nia Long, gave birth to their first child, in November 2011. The couple became engaged in May 2015. Long has stated she has no plans to marry.
Vitalis Udoka Son
- Vitalis Udoka signed with UCAM Murcia of the Spanish Liga ACB, in Jan 2012.
- In 2015, he was also the key for LaMarcus Aldridge’s decision to join the Spurs.
- He was hired as an assistant coach of the Philadelphia 76ers, in June 2019.
- He has served as an assistant coach for USA Basketball under his Spurs head coach, Gregg Popovich.
Read Also: Bob Costas Parents: John George Costas And Jayne Costas